Responsible to perform all duties of the distribution clerk as well as acting as a resource to staff and troubleshoots equipment and technical issues. Provides departmental oversight in the absence of the Storeroom Supervisor.
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements
- Performs restocking function of the Pyxis Materials Supply System.
- Verifies Pyxis Medical Supply Unit contents to insure accuracy.
- Par stocks Non-Pyxis departments accurately on a regular basis.
- Responds to departmental pages for Pyxis assistance.
- Responsible for department charges of Storeroom stock daily.
- Responsible for shipping & receiving functions using the Hospital’s MMIS.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours and schedules.
- Performs daily archive, utility and operating reports as necessary.
- Maintains work area in a safe, secure, and clean manner.
- Must have knowledge of computers, power lifts and jacks.
- Maintains user interface in Pyxis system.
- Takes an active role in department meetings when needed.
- In the absence of supervisor, oversees department operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency required. College or Vocational training preferred. Must be able to read, write and spell accurately and perform basic arithmetic correctly. Must be well organized and able to prioritize effectively and work well under pressure. Minimum of five years experience supervising in the areas of Shipping/ Storeroom/Receiving areas preferred. Computer literate and preferably experienced in Microsoft Word and Excel.
White Plains Hospital - 15 months ago
White Plains Hospital is a voluntary, not-for-profit health care organization with the primary mission of offering high quality, acute...