Under general direction, leads the analysis, design and development for electronic data interchange (EDI) with trading partners and other information exchanges using traditional EDI standards and XML-based Web implementations.
- Provides technical expertise and support for EDI and other business-to-business information exchanges.
- Evaluates existing components or systems to determine integration requirements and to ensure final solutions meet business needs.
- Reuses components when possible and assists management in buy/build decisions.
- Responsible for analysis and development of the EDI interface, including creation of EDI mapping specifications and documentation.
- Participates in system design and quality assurance activities.
- Duties include testing, implementing and maintaining EDI transactions, developing and maintaining trading partner definitions including relevant translation objects utilizing EDI translations software tools.
- Develops and maintains EDI process documentation.
- Handles communication with trading partners for EDI transaction set-up and ongoing maintenance.
- Coordinates between trading partners and networks to ensure mapping compliance.
- Tests and resolve incoming EDI file problems.
- Installs, coordinates, and troubleshoots EDI-related products.
Performs other duties as required.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and relevant business experience.
- Seven or more years of experience installing, configuring and maintaining EDI systems.
- Knowledge of EDI standard formats (ANSI X12, EDIFACT, etc.) and EDI translators.
- Familiarity with Internet protocols (FTP, AS2) and Web development tools.
- Experience working with a value added network (VAN).
- Ability to conduct research into EDI issues and products as required.
- Demonstrated project leadership, with strong design and technical skills.
- Possesses leadership, facilitating, teaching, interviewing, observing, questioning, and analyzing skills.
- Customer-oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to investigate complex business problems, develop effective recommendations, negotiate and/or present solutions, and resolve problems in a highly professional and tactful manner.
- Highly organized and able to set priorities effectively.
- Ability to access, enter, modify, and retrieve data on a PC.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language and compose correspondence.
- Visual acuity sufficient to accurately review and proof information.
- Auditory ability to use a telephone.
- Knowledge of Sterling Integrator platform.
- Working knowledge of mainframe based application systems including COBOL, CICS, and DB2.