Hill Air Force Base provides worldwide engineering and logistics management for the F-16 Fighting Falcon, A-10 Thunderbolt II, and the Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile, and performs depot maintenance of the F-16, A-10, and C-130 Hercules aircraft. The base is located between Ogden and Salt Lake City. The area is known for year round activities, including skiing, hiking, boating, extreme sports, fishing and hunting, with four distinct seasons, low humidity and moderate snow fall in the valley.
THIS IS A 90 DAY STANDING REGISTER
90 Day Register: This announcement will result in a 90 day register (list of eligible candidates) that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
This position is located in the 748
Supply Chain Management Group; however, this announcement may be used to fill other positions at Hill AFB.
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information. You MUST have the identified eligibility in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions:
Current/prior federal civilian applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the next lower grade, or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral.
FOR THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT THESE DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT (BY 11:59PM EASTERN TIME):
1. Résumé, for each block of work experience you must include mo/year (starting/ending dates), salary, hours per week, job title, supervisors name/phone number (may we contact statement).
2. Responses to the on-line Occupational Questionnaire.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
Back to top
As a Lead Inventory Management Specialist, GS-2010-12, you will serve as the lead for 7 civilian employees primarily of which at least three are GS-2010-11 lower graded Inventory Management Specialists.
Ensuring the organization's strategic plan, mission, vision and values are communicated to the team and integrated into the team's strategies, goals, objectives, work plans, and work products and services.
You will also:
- Lead the team in identifying, distributing and balancing workload and tasks among employees in accordance with established work flows, skill level, and/or occupational specialization; making adjustments to accomplish the workload in accordance with established priorities to ensure timely accomplishment of assigned team tasks.
- Train or arrange for the training of team members in methods and techniques of team building and working in teams to accomplish tasks or projects.
- Represent the team in dealings with the supervisor or manager for the purpose of obtaining resources and securing needed information or decisions from the supervisor on major work problems and issues that arise.
- Perform work associated with inventory management of a group or groups of high activity and high dollar value items, which includes providing worldwide support to users for items by supplying parts needed, when needed.
- Maintain stock control and distribution of assets.
- Validate input data that is used in the requirement's computation for items managed; making adjustments to data when discrepancies occur via file maintenance actions.
Back to top
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level close to the work of this position that has given you the particular knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform. Typically, we would find this experience in work within this field that is closely related. To be creditable, the specialized experience must have been equivalent to the next lower grade level
, pay band or equivalent.
is described as; leading a team in implementation of strategies, goals, and services concerning Materiel Coordination, Requirements and Reparable-recoverable Items. Providing worldwide support to users for items by supplying parts needed when needed. Maintaining stock control and distribution of assets. Coordinating with specialists from various career fields in order to accomplish the mission.
Managing Planned/scheduled item requirement and budget forecasts to determine required action categories and quantities of items to maintain worldwide customer support. Required actions include: initiating buys, validating and defending termination, excess analysis and repair requirement validation. Conduction weapon system or operational equipment system metric analysis. Assesse metric status and providing direction to correct marginal metric performance for highly integrated, complex and high cost items impaction critical readiness support for the organizations. Validating input data that is used in the requirements computation for items managed. Analyze complex computational data for correctness an computed by legacy systems. Make adjustment to this data when discrepancies occur via file maintenance actions.
Only experience obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
Comprehensive knowledge of AF consumable and recoverable requirements determination processes, data collection and management techniques and analysis techniques required to provide meaningful input to decision makers.
Knowledge of and ability to apply procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to the Item Management career program, including the ability to maintain credibility with others on technical matters.
Knowledge of the operations, products, services, needs, and goals of the career program and the organizations studied to served, and related customers, functions, resources, and users.
4. Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues, projects or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations.
5. Ability to plan and organize work and execute projects and/or studies within established financial and time constraints and to meet and deal with customers using a high degree of tact and diplomacy
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment.
Back to top
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty (TDY).
The employee may be required to work overtime.
INCUMBENT MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A SECRET LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
The work is sedentary. Typically, employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
The environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, libraries, residence, or commercial vehicles, e.g., use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
you are deaf or Hard of Hearing and need assistance via TDD/TTY, please contact Andrea Rathbun at (801) 586-1819.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please follow all instructions carefully.
Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility, qualifications, and/or rating.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement:
*Online Application (Questionnaire)
- If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page
using the following Vacancy ID:
. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to
. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
In Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire, you
that the numbering restarts with number one. When entering your responses on the 1203-FX form please continue to enter your responses on the next available number within this section. The numbers on the 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire once it restarts with number one. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications within 2 business days. A list of required documents for each eligibility may be located
Eligibility Documentation, SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
- Eligibility for appointment under this authority consists of two parts. Click
for more information
Any questions concerning this announcement may be addressed to Brett Carter (801)777-7742BRETT.CARTER.1@US.AF.MILThe subject line of your email must indicate the announcement number only (i.e., 8L-HILL-840279-806745-BMC). Email inquiries are to address specific questions concerning this announcement.
General inquiries unrelated to a specific announcement will not receive a response
. Responses to inquiries will generally be returned within 2 business days.
· Transcripts, if qualifying based on education or positive education series
Individuals with Disabilities
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS, INCLUDING ALL ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION, MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59PM EASTERN TIME ON THE CLOSING DATE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT, Wednesday, February 20, 2013.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Hill Air Force Base
WILL NOT ACCEPT MAILED APPLICATIONS
PLEASE FAX TO 478-757-3144
Department of the Air Force - 23 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...