LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Information Technology Group
About Union Bank Corporation
IT’S JUST GOOD BUSINESS.
For nearly 150 years, our principles have driven our business, not vice versa. Doing right, like embracing diversity from the start – when we hired our first female employee in 1890. Rewarding entrepreneurial spirit, from the 19th century pioneers who built the West, to present-day visionaries helping build a global economy. Over the years we have grown and changed in many ways, but doing right will always be at the heart of our business.
Headquartered in San Francisco, UnionBanCal Corporation is a financial holding company with assets of $97 billion at March 31, 2013. Its primary subsidiary, Union Bank, N.A., is a full service commercial bank providing an array of financial services to individuals, small businesses, middle-market companies, and major corporations. The bank operated 443 branches in California, Washington, Oregon, Texas, Illinois, and New York as well as two international offices, on March 31, 2013. UnionBanCal Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd., which is a subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. Union Bank is a proud member of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG, NYSE: MTU), one of the world’s largest financial organizations.
for more information.
***Please note: Your background will only be considered if you have significant Financial Services and/or Banking experience***
Reporting to the Systems Manager, as a Lead Software Engineer, you will be leading a team responsible for developing and deploying complex integrated solutions aimed at modernizing, consolidating and coordinating the independently designed applications within and across the enterprise. You should have the ability to solve complex application and data-related problems and be experienced in resolving issues related to data security and integrity of controls. You will manage projects that may span a broad range of systems and enterprise wide complex components. You should have in-depth knowledge across multiple technical environments and be able to work on major projects providing subject matter expertise and technical direction to more junior technical staff, as well as technical leaders of advanced or complex projects.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Lead the team which determines how existing applications, legacy systems, databases, Web interfaces and/or hardware logic can be integrated to meet the new and emerging enterprise requirements.
- Oversee the team developing methods to efficiently reuse existing components.
- Prepare and present technical concepts to internal audiences.
- Work with operations staff to define an operational framework which defines, develops and implements delivery systems, systems management, policies and security frameworks to ensure delivery of knowledge and information to appropriate groups.
- Plan and organize the development of technical support standards; as well as, evaluate software and system problems and potential solutions to application systems requirements.
- Provide conceptual guidance to other senior and high level technical experts.
- Perform systems design and analysis; develop code to ensure successful and seamless communication among the various IT systems, users and applications components.
- Responsible for directing, monitoring and assigning work to those on the team.
- Provide technical work guidance or mentoring. May provide input to the managers/supervisor on staff performance.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a distributed team environment
- A strong understanding of application security
- Strong object oriented design and development skills
- Excellent knowledge of analysis and design patterns
- Knowledgeable on SDLC/SCM
- Full life-cycle development in a commercial environment
- 4-6 years of experience in Web development in a large-scale multi-tiered environment
- Development on a large scale enterprise Java/J2EE systems (including at least 4 years with Java/J2EE development)
- 7-10 years of programming/systems analysis experience with emphasis in applications and systems
- Strong leadership skills to gain credibility with various business leaders and stakeholders
- Highly motivated. Understands, follows and can lead software development practices to produce high quality software
- JBoss Application Server
- Spring MVC
- Static code analysis
- Automated build framework
Why Work for Union Bank?
- Knowledge of Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) a plus
- Lean Sigma Six Experience
Union Bank is committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and our business. EOE. M/F/D/V
- We are a financially strong and stable bank.
- We value workplace diversity.
- We are committed to the training and development of our employees.
- Innovative vacation benefits.
- We offer a matching 401k, a Retirement Plan, a variety of Flexible Health Benefits.
Union Bank - 8 months ago
Headquartered in San Francisco, UnionBanCal Corporation is a financial holding company with assets of $105.9 billion at December 31, 2013....