Under general supervision, provides support for campus learning technology services with focus on the learning management system. Supports and trains faculty/staff on the use of campus software and other technology tools. Coordinates and assists with the implementation of new learning technology projects with users and other IT team members.
Duties: Assists in managing and mentoring team of student workers to provide support for the delivery of technology services with low tolerance for downtime. Provides assistance in student hiring, evaluating employee performance, setting work priorities or schedules, monitoring work, disciplining employees, and recommending training.
1. Provides support for the delivery of learning technology services with low tolerance for downtime. Respond to, analyze, and resolve learning management systems problems and other learning technology problems.
2. Assists with managing the learning technology vendor relationships, focusing on the learning management system vendor relationship. Escalates customer and system issues to the vendor as needed.
3. Develops online training tutorials for faculty, staff and students. Develops FAQ's, knowledge base and other self-help documentation regarding technology services.
4. Supports and trains faculty in the use of the learning management system. Support and train faculty/staff in the use of content development software such as Kaltura, Captivate, and Audacity.
5. Coordinates learning technology projects as a part of a cross-functional team; assists or performs research and analysis for new or enhanced learning technology services.
6. Attends training, seminars, and other meetings as needed.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software; knowledge of learning management systems (currently Blackboard 9.X); knowledge of Web 2.0 technologies; knowledge of multimedia software and applications; knowledge of delivering learning technologies on mobile platforms.
- Ability to research new technology items and to learn new technologies; ability to factor in a broad range of variables from a number of specialized technology areas to develop an appropriate technology solution.
- Ability to communicate effectively when working with users or customers; skilled in interpersonal relations and project management; strong communication skills required; candidates must be self-motivated, work well either independently or as part of a team and capable of balancing multiple projects.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, high-availability environment and adapt to change in procedures and priorities; ability to be proactive, take initiative, remain flexible, and meet deadlines.
- Skilled in providing leadership to less experienced members of the technical team as well as mentoring technical student workers.
- Skilled in technical writing and documentation; skilled in expressing technical terminology in a manner that makes it understandable to end users with a variety of technical and nontechnical backgrounds.
- Familiar with information security best practices and implementation of security procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable University rules, regulation, policies, and procedures.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree required. Additional experience in the support of learning management systems and technology services may substitute for the Bachelor's degree on a year for year basis. Additional consideration may be given to candidates with specific technical certifications related to systems applicable to Angelo State University.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
InsideHigherEd.com - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard