Lexington Health Network, We Celebrate Life With Everyone In Our Community Of Care By Providing Compassionate And Individualized Experiences.
Responsible to: Assistant Administrator/Administrator. Communicates with all necessary team members.
- Has a high school degree or equivalent.
- Basic typing/computer skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to promote a positive customer-focused approach both in-person and on the telephone.
- Interest in working with the elderly and their families.
- Preference for individual with experience in the health care field.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to effectively use standard office equipment.
- Must be able to read, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to lift supplies of at least 15 pounds.
- Must be able to propel a resident in a wheelchair
- Must be able to assist the residents in an evacuation of the building in an emergency.
Every employee in the Lexington Network must adhere to and uphold the standards set forth in our culture contract. Our common purpose, quality standards and behavioral expectations are what set us apart from other organizations. Every interaction must be approached using the ICARE expected behaviors so that every employee and resident will be treated with respect.
The Clerical Support’s key function is to present a professional and positive attitude towards both the internal and external customers of the facility. The Clerical Support often provides the initial contact with the customer. The approach and attitude used by the Clerical Support shapes the initial reactions and impressions of the services that are offered by the facility.
The Clerical Support interacts with the potential customers, current residents and their families, staff, physicians and vendors. Promoting positive working relationships is essential to promoting the External and Internal Marketing / Census Development goals of the facility.
The services of the Clerical Support are essential to promoting a quality of life for the residents and their families. The services also assist the facility to comply with the corporate and regulatory expectations as well as maintaining an efficient operation of the facility in order to meet the needs of our customers.
The Clerical Support is responsible for promoting a positive customer-focused attitude in responding to the needs of the external and internal customers of the facility. A positive attitude is essential to responding to the needs of the residents, families and potential customers who are coping with numerous challenges. The Receptionist’s customer focused approach to addressing the needs and problems of the clients assists in promoting confidence in the facility’s ability to care for the residents.
The Clerical Support works as a member of the interdisciplinary team (Clinical staff, Client Services and Operation and Finance). The Clerical Support will need to communicate with the Coordinator in order to work on the multiple responsibilities of the role. It is essential for the Clerical Support to address the priorities established by the Clerical Support Coordinator.
- Greet customers-residents, families, prospective customers, physicians, vendors, etc.
- Provide information about the facility.
- Provide information for job applicants.
- Answer the telephone-taking messages, connecting the caller to the appropriate staff, knowing the staff and their roles, providing information, etc.
- Mail-sorting, securing postage, signing for deliveries, sending certified mail, opening selected mail, etc.
- Distribute and maintain information-making announcements, sending faxes, beauty / barber shop, ancillary services (dentist, podiatrist, audiologist), resident newspapers, etc.
- Typing / data entry- face sheets, wrist bands, care plan letters, data on admissions and discharges, new medical records, activity calendars, etc.
- Securing repairs for office equipment-copy machine, fax machine, phone, printers.
- Ordering office supplies.
- Making appointments/schedules-ancillary services (dentist, podiatrist, audiologist), beauty /barber shop.
- Copying information-medical records, Public Aid applications, staff requests, daily census.
- Handling checks / money-copying and recording checks, money from the gift shop, money for the beauty /barber shop.
- Assembling materials-medical record, facility brochures.
- Offers suggestions to improve the facility’s services.
- Assist other team members when necessary
- All other duties as assigned
Lexington Health Care - 18 months ago