Responsible to: Food Service Supervisor. Communicates with all necessary team members.
• Must show the ability to comprehend and follow directions in order to complete assigned tasks.
• Ability to read, speak and understand the English language.
• Experience in an institutional dietary department setting is desired.
• Awareness/knowledge of basic sanitation practices as it relates to food sanitation is desired.
• Must be able to endure extended periods of standing and/or walking.
• Must be able to sit, stoop, and bend at intermittent periods throughout the workday.
• Must be able to move/lift items that weigh up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to utilize both hands to accomplish tasks; have adequate sight and hearing to avoid hazardous situations.
• Will be exposed to heat, cold, noise, and/or humidity, as normally associated in a commercial kitchen atmosphere.
• Every employee in the Lexington Network must adhere to and uphold the standards set forth in our culture contract. Our common purpose, quality standards and behavioral expectations are what set us apart from other organizations. Every interaction must be approached using the ICARE expected behaviors so that every employee and resident will be treated with respect.
• The dietary aide performs a key function in the facility dietary department assuming primary responsibility to provide the necessary assistance to the cook/chef in the preparation and service of all meals maintaining compliance with all applicable Food Sanitation Codes and state and federal regulations. The dietary aide also performs all other essential duties as assigned by the Food Service Supervisor/Chef/Cook to work collaboratively with dishwashers in order to assure the cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen in compliance with all local, state, and federal sanitation codes.
• Provides assistance to the chef/cook in the preparation and service of all meals and snacks and in accordance with all scheduled meals and snack times.
• Follows dietary department policies and procedures.
• Uses good sanitation and safety procedures.
• Uses equipment and supplies properly.
• Attends inservice meetings and training courses as directed by the Food Service Supervisor.
• Prepares salads, desserts, beverages, and toast for the resident meal service.
• Bags bread and wraps silverware, inspecting each piece of silverware to ensure it is clean before wrapping.
• Arranges tray cards according to table assignment.
• Serves on the buffet dining line, serving food to the resident according to the instruction on the tray card.
• Assembles/makes snacks and nourishments.
• Obtains food and supplies as instructed by the Food Service Supervisor/Chef/Cook.
• Assists in the service of staff meals.
• Appropriately cares for and cleans equipment after use reporting any necessary maintenance repairs to the Food Service Supervisor. Cleans up own areas and other areas as designated by the Food Service Supervisor/Chef/Cook.
• When assigned, assists the cook in the preparation of vegetables and other items for meal service.
• Delivers food carts/snacks to the dining room areas or other designated areas.
• The Dietary Aide is responsible for implementing the facility’s Culture Contract components through their interaction and implementation of their role with residents, families and staff
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Food Service Supervisor/Chef.
• Assists other team members when necessary
Lexington Health Care - 16 months ago