Responsible to: Food Service Supervisor. Communicates with all necessary team members.
• Must show the ability to comprehend and follow directions in order to complete assigned tasks.
• Experience in an institutional dietary department setting is desired.
• Awareness/knowledge of basic sanitation practices as it relates to food sanitation is desired.
• Must be able to read, speak and understand the English language.
• Must be able to endure extended periods of standing and/or walking.
• Must be able to sit, stoop, and bend at intermittent periods during the workday.
• Must be able to lift/move items that weigh up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to utilize both hands to accomplish tasks; have adequate sight and hearing to avoid hazardous situations.
• Will be exposed to heat, cold, noise, and/or humidity, as normally associated in a commercial kitchen atmosphere.
• Every employee in the Lexington Network must adhere to and uphold the standards set forth in our culture contract. Our common purpose, quality standards and behavioral expectations are what set us apart from other organizations. Every interaction must be approached using the ICARE expected behaviors so that every employee and resident will be treated with respect.
• The dishwasher performs a key function in the facility dietary department assuming primary responsibility to assure all dishes, utensils and cookware are properly cleaned, sanitized, stored and used in a manner compliant with all current local, state, and federal sanitation codes. The dishwasher also performs all other essential duties assigned by the Food Service Supervisor/Chef/Cook to assure proper meal service delivery and cleanliness of the kitchen.
• Follows cleaning schedule and performs cleaning duties as scheduled.
• Follows dietary department policies and procedures.
• Uses good sanitation and safety procedures.
• Uses equipment and supplies properly
• Attends in service meetings and training courses as directed by the Food Service Supervisor.
• Completes the scraping and racking of soiled dishes and eating utensils and sends through the dishwashing machine.
• Sorts and stacks clean dry dishes. Assures proper storage of clean eating utensils.
• Properly stores clean, dry dishes that are in proper repair in the storage area.
• Properly washes and stores pots, pans, and other cooking utensils in accordance with facility procedures.
• Performs the necessary cleaning, sanitation procedures of the dish machine room and kitchen area and reports any necessary maintenance repairs to the Food Service Supervisor.
• Checks and logs dish machine temperatures and sanitation ppm in the dish machine tracking log.
• Properly discards all dietary waste in the proper receptacles in accordance with Lexington Health Care Center policy.
• Provides assistance to the cook in the preparation and service of meals as directed including meal service delivery.
• The Dishwasher is responsible for implementing the facility’s Culture Contract components through their interaction and implementation of their role with residents, families and staff
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Food Service Supervisor/chef.
• Serves on the buffet dining line, serving food to the resident according to the instruction on the meal card.
• Assist other team members when necessary
• All other duties as assigned
Lexington Health Care - 21 months ago