Responsible to: Director of Environmental Services. Communicates with all necessary team members.
Every employee in the Lexington Network must adhere to and uphold the standards set forth in our culture contract. Our common purpose, quality standards and behavioral expectations are what set us apart from other organizations. Every interaction must be approached using the ICARE expected behaviors so that every employee and resident will be treated with respect.
The housekeeper, assumes the primary responsibility of cleaning and servicing resident rooms, common areas, and exterior areas of the facility in accordance with facility policy as well as state and federal regulations to assure a clean, sanitary, safe, comfortable and homelike environment. The housekeeper also assures all bio-hazardous waste/refuse is properly discarded on a daily basis to ensure the highest levels of sanitation are maintained.
- Follows all housekeeping departmental policies and procedures.
- Uses proper sanitation and safety procedures – including proper infection control techniques, handwashing, use of wet floor signs when mopping one half of the corridors, etc.
- Uses equipment and supplies properly in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- Attends in service meetings and training courses as directed by the Director of Environmental Services.
- Assures all housekeeping carts and equipment remains in proper repair and stocks housekeeping cart with all required cleaning agents and supplies.
- Promotes a safe resident environment by properly securing housekeeping carts in a locked area when not in use. Assures all chemicals are stored in a locked area and inaccessible to residents at all times.
- Cleans all resident rooms and common areas in accordance with facility policies and procedures to assure a clean, sanitary, safe, comfortable and homelike environment.
- Dust mops, sweeps, cleans, and mops resident room and common area floors. Assures carpeted areas are vacuumed on a daily basis.
- Changes resident bed linens as required and assures beds are made each day and cleaned as per schedule or when necessary.
- Strips, waxes, and polishes floors using facility equipment in accordance with established schedules and facility policy and procedure.
- Assures that when appropriate, resident rooms are supplied twice daily with fresh water in pitchers with clean water glasses. Collects plastic water pitchers and glasses in accordance with facility schedule to assure proper cleaning and sanitation.
- Reports all necessary facility repairs in the maintenance log while also assuring the Director/Assistant Director of Environmental Services is properly informed of any necessary immediate repairs.
- Provides assistance to assure general maintenance of the facility exterior and grounds.
- Assists with the implementation of resident room transfers by carefully moving resident articles to the appropriate room.
- Assures all bio-hazardous waste/refuse is properly discarded on a daily basis to ensure the highest levels of sanitation are maintained.
- Cleans and disinfects all linen/waste receptacles to ensure proper sanitation.
- Assists with the proper counts of inventory for both housekeeping and laundry supplies and linens as directed by the Director/Assistant Director of Environmental Services.
- Assists with facility efforts to locate any misplaced or lost resident articles to address resident/responsible party concerns.
- The Housekeeper is responsible for implementing the facility’s Culture Contract components through their interaction and implementation of their role with residents, families and staff.
- Assists other team members when necessary
- All other duties as assigned