SELLS MS LIBRARY AIDE
POSTED 6/13/13 (START DATE 8/21/13)
1. A high school diploma or training and
experience that are considered equivalent.
2. A working knowledge of library technical
procedures including alphabetizing, filing rules and Dewey Decimal
3. Familiarity with Marc Record formatting and
multi-platform computer networks, or demonstrated aptitude in administration of
computerized library catalogs.
4. Good human relation skills with an ability to
communicate in a courteous manner.
5. Experience working with children preferred.
6. A willingness to take direction and learn new
skills with meticulous attention to detail.
7. Such alternatives to the above qualifications
as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
1. Assists students, volunteers and staff in the
processing, circulation and shelving of audio-visual materials, supplies, books
2. Assists library media specialist in reporting
student attendance and in maintaining student discipline in library areas.
3. Assists in the maintenance of an on-line
computer catalog to facilitate materials circulation.
4. Uses word processing and multimedia skills to
ensure a smooth and timely flow of library operation.
5. Assists in the maintenance and repair of all
computer and audiovisual equipment in the media center, including library
6. Assists students, staff and library media
specialist in locating and using print, electronic, and Internet reference
materials and other instructional materials and software programs.
in annual computerized inventory of library media materials and equipment and
compiles appropriate statistical reports.
8. Assists in maintaining current inventory of
9. Assists in general neatness and attractiveness
of the library and its displays.
10. Assists in the training and utilization of
student and volunteer aides.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent
or his/her designee.
(178 days same as student schedule, 2 parent/teacher conference days, 8 paid
holidays); 3.5 hours per day excluding lunch. Salary as provided in the Negotiated Agreement. Work year to be established by the
Board of Education.
SALARY: $14.31/HR. TO $17.75/HR. (START DATE 8/21/13)
All interested employees and
others, please complete and electronically submit an online application
(located on the district website) by MONDAY, JUNE 24, 2013 . We are no longer accepting paper copies of items
such as resumes, cover letters, etc., as you may upload this information onto
your online application.
The Dublin City Schools are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and as such do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age,
religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, marital
status, or any other status protected by law.
k12jobspot.com - 13 months ago