Hours worked per week may vary.
Salary varies upon position.
This is an excellent part-time (on-call) basis job opportunity within the Library Services Department.
The individual in this position may work with other event staff members or may be solely responsible for overseeing a variety of events including workshops, seminars, wedding ceremonies and receptions, photo shoots, memorial events, screenings, fundraisers, etc., at the Central Library and Cultural Center.
The ideal candidate must possess effective and cooperative communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to relate to a diverse group of people.
Temporary/part-time employment is restricted to 1,000 hours within a 12-month period (July 1 - June 30) and does not qualify to receive City benefits, except those required by law. The City does not belong to the Social Security system. However, enrollment in an alternative retirement program is mandatory which requires an employee contribution of 7 1/2% of base earnings to the Public Agency Retirement System (PARS). There are no rights to employment and employment may end with or without cause or advance notice.
Further restrictions apply to CalPERS retired annuitants. This is a Non-Perm, Part-Time/On Call position.
Examples of Essential Duties:
This assignment is for Facilities and the duties for this assignment are:
Provide oversight and security throughout the duration of an event, assist with trash disposal, be available to direct and answer questions and requests, provide alcohol monitoring, crowd control as required, and noise abatement as necessary.
May require room set-up and/or take-down, dance floor construction and dismantling.
Note: The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The City at its discretion, may add, modify, change or rescind work assignments as needed.
Requires education, training, or experience equivalent to two years directly related experience with demonstrated technical skills.
Knowledge of: Building alarms, temperature controls, and emergency procedures.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE:
- Provide excellent customer service
- Accept responsibility for the safety and well-being of event participants
- Make mature decisions.
- Work on an on-call basis.
Please Note: Our primary means of communication with applicants is sent via email; therefore, please include a valid email address on your application.
- An official City of Huntington Beach online job application must be filled out in its entirety.
- Applications will be closely reviewed for relevant experience, education and training.
- Applicants best meeting the City’s needs will be invited to a department interview.
- Upon a conditional offer of employment, a pre-placement drug screen (select positions), TB Screening and California Department of Justice (DOJ) Live Scan fingerprinting must be completed with acceptable results.
- Other background reports may also be conducted depending on the position.
- Upon hire, employee is subject to further reporting from DOJ via subsequent arrest notification.
Physical Tasks & Environmental Conditions:
Ability to lift 20 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.