• Master's degree in science with minimum two years of experience in developing marketing and communications materials for biomedically oriented products and services, performing invention/technology evaluation, and intellectual property licensing.
• Advanced degree and/or prior experience in technology transfer/business development required.
• General knowledge of business practices related to intellectual property protection and commercialization.
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills; previous experience with professional brand website and social media.
• Successful candidate must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills, have some understanding of the academic medical research enterprise, be able to work with researchers, and be self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects with excellent attention to details.
- Child Abuse Clearances
- FBI Fingerprint Clearance
- Drug Screening
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
The Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) supports the commercialization efforts of The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s discoveries and technologies. The office seeks research collaborators and licensees to continue the development of CHOP’s technologies with the goal of improving the health of children and their families. In addition to promoting commercialization and entrepreneurial initiatives, OTT negotiates and manages contracts for corporate sponsored clinical and laboratory research.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Commercialization and the OTT Director, the Licensing and Outreach Associate will be responsible for implementation of activities to enhance visibility of the office and its services to the CHOP community and to engage in external outreach and marketing activities of CHOP innovations to attract industry partners and investors. This position will interface and coordinate with CHOP’s Research Communications group to create and implement an overall messaging strategy for the office. The position will also provide licensing and commercialization support to the Associate Director of Commercialization.
Responsibilities include creating a social media presence for OTT, expanding OTT presence and traffic with other CHOP communications channels such as websites, email blasts, research blogs, and the like. The LOA will draft content and maintain the timeliness of information, organize and participate in regular seminars, lab and department and individual investigator meetings to enhance OTT’s visibility and to help identify potential inventions.
Work closely with the Associate Director of Commercialization to develop and implement general and technology specific marketing strategies:
• Responsible for write non-confidential technology briefs, preparation of marketing packages and posting them to the OTT and other websites as well as distributing to potential commercialization partners.
• Conduct market research and analysis to identify potential licensing or commercialization partners.
• Assist with financial analysis and valuation of early stage technologies.
• Responsible for actively maintaining and ensuring the accuracy and quality of key databases and mailing lists used for various internal and external marketing and communications activities.
• Manages OTT external website appearance and content.
Internal Education and Branding
• Responsible for organizing education sessions for investigators, clinicians, and research staff.
• Work with the Assoc. Director and Director to identify key topics, prepare flyers, invite speakers and market educational events to key audiences within the institution.
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 8 months ago