The Life Product Consultant (LPC) is responsible for achieving and exceeding the assigned territory (South Central Zone) and individual General Office's life sales objectives. LPCs deliver sales concepts, product information, and provide technical guidance to New York Life agents in an effort to drive life insurance sales.
Critical functions of the role include:
Work closely with agents who are part of a captive agency sales force to develop and maintain strong business relationships.
Develop a strong command of New York Life's life insurance products and sales processes
Provide case development and design support.
Introduce new product enhancements to field management and agents with particular emphasis on individual and business needs, markets and tax issues of life products.
Deliver sales presentations to both agents and clients.
Provide sales support and product information through individual face to face meetings and well as large group sessions.
Proactively work with the management.
LPCs are supported by an internal wholesaler and home office staff. The position requires significant travel (estimated at approximately 75-85%).
· The candidate must be a motivated and energetic individual with the ability to drive his/her objectives relatively autonomously.
· Approximately 5 years of wholesaling experience, preferably in Life products.
· A broad and comprehensive knowledge of the Life Insurance business, an understanding of the sales process and the dynamics of selling life products.
· Industry recognized designations such as CLU, CHFC, CFP are highly desirable.
· Excellent communication skills are essential.
· Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships.
· Life license and Series 6 or Series 7 and Series 63 registrations.
· Understanding of advanced markets a plus.
New York Life - 17 months ago
New York Life Insurance has been providing life insurance policies in the Big Apple since it was a tiny seed. While the top mutual life...