We are looking to fill an IT role to help support a Lab Information Management System (LIMS) used to manage and track lab samples and analysis results. The LIMS environment is MS Access with a SQL database. There are also some reports that are pulled from LIMS system that are Excel based.
This is a part-time position (20-30 hours per week) for a 6-month duration.
Below is a skill set profile with an emphasis placed on 1, 3, 4c, and 6.
1. MS Office (Excel, Access), VBA and VBScript
2. Windows Operating system (general knowledge):
a. Windows task scheduler (setup and configuration),
b. UNC paths
4. Nice to have’s:
a. Knowledge of pass-through queries,
b. SQL Server t-SQL,
c. LIMS previous experience,
5. Excellent communication skills
6. Capability to work flexible schedules
What do we expect from the programmer?
• Support the LIMS Admin in maintaining and troubleshooting LIMS
• Must acquire within foreseeable time sufficient knowledge of LIMS:
o Process flow,
• To assist the Lab System Supervisor in responding to troubleshooting requests from LIMS users (including nights/weekends) as needed
MRE Consulting, Ltd. - 14 months ago