The clinical social worker (Part time Therapist) is required to have and maintain (in good standing) a clinical license ("LCSW") from the PA Board of Social Work. Obtain and maintain certification in Nonviolent Crisis Intervention from Crisis Prevention Institute within 90 days of starting job.
Master's Degree from a Council of Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited institution
Experience in a hospital, health organization or mental health care agency working with children and adolescents is preferred.
• Knowledge of typical and atypical child development and related areas.
• Knowledge of child psychopathology.
• Knowledge of therapy and psychological assessment techniques with children and families.
• Knowledge of behavioral methodology and principles.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
• Ability to direct and motivate staff teams.
• Critical analysis and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other health care team providers.
• Ability to develop trusting relationships with patients, families and staff.
• Ability to work with sensitivity to cultural diversity and assists staff in understanding this diversity.
• Ability to identify community resources for families and advocate on their behalf.
• Ability to present self with professional approach and appearance with high level of emotional maturity.
• Ability to learn public health policy and health care legislation and respond to it as a family advocate.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
• Child Abuse Clearances
• FBI Fingerprint Clearance
• Drug Screening
Provides clinical social work services to patients and families, which facilitates the use of individual, public and private resources so that optimal functioning can occur for both the patient and the family. These core services include assessment of psychosocial functioning and capacities, counseling for care planning and decision-making, social work treatment and community resource planning. Social workers collaborate with many disciplines, programs, departments and organizations in the accomplishment of these duties.
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...