Works on the line, to produce quality hot/cold food for guests and employees in a clean, safe, sanitary environment. Follows company recipes and gives personal best in service. Will also assist in preps, dishes and other departments as requested or necessary.
Assists in all bi-monthly inventories.
Assists in development of Second Cooks.
May periodically train new employees or staff from other departments.
Assists in the monitoring of all pre-set food and labor budgets and costs.
Checks supplies and prep lists and ensures all items are prepped in a timely fashion.
Completes GPI Sanitation program and complies with all health and safety codes in handling and storage of all food products and kitchen equipment.
Enforces all company policies, regulations, and standards as set by the Executive Chef and Company.
Prepares, seasons, and cooks a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups, breakfast dishes, and other food items in accordance with prescribed recipes.
Slices, grinds, and cooks meats and vegetables using a full range of cooking methods.
Produces a quality product in a timely fashion for guests and staff.
Replenishes service lines as needed.
Reports to work on time in a neat and clean uniform.
Takes leadership responsibility during absence of the Location Chef and Sous Chef.
Uses dish machine to properly and safely clean dishes, utensils, pots, pans, and glassware.
Works in designated station as set by Location Chef and/or Sous Chef.
- 2-3 years experience as a Lead Cook, First Cook, or is a culinary school graduate preferred.
- Good organization and communication skills required.
- Must be familiar with the operation of kitchen equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable in plate presentation – depth, flavor and guest needs.
- Must be team-oriented, positive and upbeat.
- Must have capability to demand quality and maintain guest satisfaction with tact and discretion.
- Must have general knowledge of all areas of food preparation, specifically soups, sauces, entrees, vegetable preparation and a la carte cooking.
- Sanitation certification preferred.
- Should be able to read and write clearly.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Must be pleasant, helpful, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with co-workers.
- Strong knife skills and ability to accomplish tasks as directed by Sous or Location Chef.
Job requires standing for long periods of time, walking, bending, handling, reaching, grasping, lifting 50 pounds, and repetitive motions.
Kitchen environment may have times of high noise levels.
Kitchen/EDR in a historic hotel/motor inn. Climate control may or may not be present.
Varied hours, both AM & PM.
Glacier Park INC - 20 months ago
Glacier Park, Inc. (GPI) is an independent hotel operator in the Glacier National Park area and the city of Whitefish in Northwest Montana....