Prepares food for the Team Dining Room. May be asked to prepare food in other food outlets.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Represents Odawa Casino Resort in the most positive manner with internal and external guests to satisfy service expectations. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of guests and Team Members, learns and uses operating practices of the department and the organization.
- Upholds Odawa Casino Resort Mission statement in all aspects of position: Odawa Casino Resort is committed to providing Guests with an exciting entertainment experience through exceptional customer service and hospitality. Odawa Casino Resort is committed to providing Team Members with a safe, consistent and enjoyable work environment that brings rewarding and challenging experiences.
- Performs proper receiving, thawing, storage and location, proportioning, prep area sanitation, heating, holding, and re-heating product (including sauces, soups, salad bar items, lunch, dinner, and produce).
- Demonstrates proper use of dry and liquid measure and scales.
- Uses kitchen manuals and recipe files.
- Uses production guide and daily inventory and ordering procedure.
- Prepares and serves food as requested by guests.
- Practices proper raw product quality and standards for food production.
- Be able to identify all raw product by sight.
- Washes, peels, cuts, and seeds vegetables and fruits.
- Cleans, cuts, and grinds meats, poultry, and seafood.
- Dips food items in crumbs, flour, and batter to bread them.
- Stirs and strains soups and sauces.
- Weighs and measures designated ingredients.
- Carries pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from work stations, stove, and refrigerator.
- Assists with dishes and pots/pans in the absence of a steward.
- Preps an adequate amount of food to run the line efficiently, using proper storage and dating procedures.
- Stores foods in designated areas, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and food spoilage.
- Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils, segregates and removes garbage, sweeps and mops the line, and steam-cleans or hoses garbage containers.
- Attends all meetings and/or training sessions as required.
- May handle cash transactions, accept bills and makes change.
- May prepare paperwork when change is needed for the bank.
- May operate a cash register/POS (Point of Sale) system, ringing in the proper amount into the register and giving the guest the correct change; accounts for all cash, charge and complimentary sales according to established policies and procedures; maintains the integrity of all financial controls and responsibility.
- May assist supervisor with bank verification and end of shift revenue.
- Performs all other duties as assigned within the scope of work.
Guest Focus—Strive for high guest satisfaction, going out of the way to be helpful and pleasant, making it as easy as possible on the guest rather than self, department, or organization.
Communication—Balance listening and talking, speak and write clearly and accurately, influencing others, keeping others informed.
Teamwork—Being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment; is responsible, honest, loyal and interacts with others tactfully; resolves conflicts appropriately and adapts to change.
Accountability—planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, being cost conscious, thinking of better ways of doing things, demonstrates ability to follow instructions, maintains appropriate appearance, complies with Team Member policies and procedures, willing to learn.
Committed to Safety—Complies with safety instructions, observing safe work practices, and provides input on safety issues.
Preference: Applies to Native Americans in accordance with applicable tribal law.
Ability to read, write legibly, understand and speak English and be at least 18 years of age. Minimum of one (1) year experience in the service industry or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have knowledge of proper use of all kitchen equipment used in prep procedures. Must know the importance and demonstrate use of rotation (First In First Out—FIFO) system. Responsible for producing proper raw products in to a quality finished product according to pre-determined standards for food preparation. Must have knowledge of compound dressings, sauces and salads. Must have proper knowledge of fresh meat, poultry and seafood handling and proper meat roasting procedures. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Ability to count and make change and cash register/POS (Point of Sale) system experience is a plus.Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing and pulling. Exposure to loud and continual noise levels and a smoke filled environment. Must be flexible with shift and days off. Must maintain confidentiality at all times. Must be able to meet Odawa Casino Resort internal training requirements. Must be able to obtain a gaming license in accordance to the regulations established by the LTBB Gaming Regulatory Commission. Pre-employment drug testing will apply to all selected applicants receiving an offer of conditional employment.
An applicant previously employed by OCR who resigned with proper notice is eligible for re-employment any time after six months from the effective date of employment termination. A Team Member whose employment has been involuntarily terminated by OCR for cause or who resigns without proper notice may be minimally qualified for rehire after one year from the effective date of termination. A Team Member whose employment has been involuntarily terminated by OCR for cause and/or resigns without proper notice the second time may be minimally qualified for rehire after three years from the date of the second effective date of termination. A Team Member whose employment has been involuntarily terminated by the OCR for cause and/or resigns without proper notice the third time may be minimally qualified for rehire after five years from the date of the third effective date of termination. In addition, OCR reserves the right to consider the severity of the reasons for involuntary termination in assessing minimum qualifications beyond these time periods.
Must not be currently on a Security Ban from Odawa Casino during the time of application.
ODAWA CASINO RESORT - 11 months ago
ODAWA CASINO RESORT
ODAWA CASINO RESORT
- 10 days ago
SEASONAL LINE COOK
ODAWA CASINO RESORT
ODAWA CASINO RESORT
- 15 days ago
Odawa Casino Resort and Hotel is a Michigan gaming entertainment destination like no other with nearly 1,300 slots, dozens of table games...