The mission of the Claim Litigation Management Unit (LMU) is to provide Chubb's insureds with the highest quality legal services to cost effectively resolve their claims.
This position reports to the Litigation Management Manager and will be responsible for the successful delivery of enterprise-wide business solutions that drive the Claim Litigation Management Unit’s objectives. The position will work closely with Claim, outside legal and non-legal vendors, information management/technology and various Chubb staff to identify, design, and implement solutions that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Claim litigation and vendor management processes. This position will be responsible for delivering solutions across all lines of business and all US operations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
o Collaborates with Chubb management to define and manage project scope. Manages requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
o Analyzes and documents business requirements using standard analysis techniques such as process mapping, data flow modeling, functional decomposition and business rule definition.
o Collaborates with technical resources to provide input to the solution design and establish viable options.
o Works with business and technology resources to help define project acceptance criteria and to ensure that the solution meets the business requirements.
o Demonstrates the ability to independently manage multiple projects and influence positive business outcomes.
- Program and Project Management
o Develops and executes detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
o Provides valued managerial expertise that drives business outcomes while supporting established standards (e.g., compliance, process, staffing, data, quality, etc.).
o Establishes, maintains and analyzes project level metrics.
o Manages business relationships with project stakeholders and effectively negotiates change requests throughout the project lifecycle.
o Deploys projects on time, within budget, and per established specifications.
o Effectively assesses, mitigates and monitors project risks.
o Works with resource managers across functional areas to identify the required project resources, assemble the project team, assign individual responsibilities, and develop a work schedule to ensure timely completion of project.
o Effectively manages the project team, demonstrating the ability to coach, mentor and positively influence others.
o Builds and maintains an understanding of Claim technical and administrative processes.
Competencies / Skills
- Bachelor's Degree (required); Graduate degree (preferred)
- 7+ years of experience of project managing full-cycle, large business unit or enterprise level initiatives (experience in the Property & Casualty industry a plus)
- 7+ years of analyzing complex business, workflow, and technology issues and determining actionable solutions.
- Excellent project management skills, including ability to execute and prioritize multiple of projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated performance measurement and quantitative analysis skills within the following domains: financial, customer service and operational.
- Strong understanding of information management and information technology concepts and tools.
- Industry standard project and business process management certifications strongly desired (PMI certifications, Six Sigma, etc.).
- Experience in working as an outside consultant or directing the work of outside consulting teams, a plus.
- Strong skills in leading continuous process improvement and governance initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to interact effectively at various levels within the corporation.
- Strong proficiency in using the following office products: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Access, Visio
- Strong senior management presentation skills and experiences.
Chubb Group - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard