Requisition ID: 46210
- Organization: OG&C
- Location: Houston, TX
General Job Description (This section summarizes the general duties of this Job classification)
Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application, adaptation, and modification of standard techniques, guidelines, procedures and criteria.
Is capable of providing pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup, maintenance, operation or testing direction to subordinate startup engineers, engineers, technicians, crafts or others as assigned for specific projects or tasks.
Broad knowledge of precedents in the industry.
Position Duties/Responsibilities (This section describes in more detail the functions of this specific position. Indicate any skills not available in the SAP Skills Catalog along with the appropriate proficiency levels)
Technical knowledge of pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup, operation, maintenance and testing of LNG Facilities.
Knowledge of engineering systems, applications of startup and operations and basic knowledge of application of computers to engineering problems.
Broad knowledge of precedents in the startup or operations area and a good knowledge of principles and practices of related areas.
Good knowledge of industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to plant or equipment operations.
Skill in written communication.
Knowledge in MSWord, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint
The above is normally acquired through:
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline from an accredited college or university, or
- A professional license in an engineering discipline, or
- Sufficient number of specialized courses in relevant general engineering or an appropriate engineering discipline to meet job requirements, and
- Practical work experience in startup, operation, or other relevant experience in design engineering, construction, field engineering, or plant operation in industrial or process facilities.
Develops operating manuals and commissioning & start-up procedures for LNG operations
Participates in forecasting and preparation of activities and reports as required.
Reviews and approves key startup methods, procedures, and schedules on assigned project(s).
Site is located in Houston. Assignment is estimated to be 12 months.
Position Skills (This section further defines the position by listing key skills and experience. Proficiency levels range from lowest to highest: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced and Expert)
Skill Group/ Skill
1. Environmental, Safety & Health
- Ø Managing Environmental,Safety,& Health - Basic
Function/Work Specialty Experience
- Ø Startup Experience - 5+ years
General (Startup Skills)
- Ø Turnover & Completion - Advanced
- Ø Field Document Control - Basic
- Ø Plant Maintenance - Basic
- Ø Subcontractor Management – N/A
Operations- Petroleum & Chemical
- Ø Gas Processing / Treatment - Advanced
Petroleum & Chemical (Startup Skills)
- Ø Gas Processing / Treatment - Intermediate
Startup Cost & Schedule Controls
- Ø Backcharges – N/A
- Ø Startup Schedules - Basic
- Ø Field Distributes - Equip, Tools, Consum -Basic
Startup Management Skills
- Ø International Staff/Craft Supervision – N/A
- Ø Field Non-Manual Supervision – N/A
- Ø Craft Supervision – N/A
- Ø Execution Planning - Intermediate
- Ø Startup Training Coordination - Intermediate
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...