Work Location: Madison, WI
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a LOANLINER Compliance Consultant
This position provides direction and oversight of regulatory and compliance laws, regulations and procedures that impact assigned products. Provides compliance advice and guidance to business areas and/or customers. Identifies and interprets laws and regulations for affected business areas. Develops and selects course of action in order to protect CUNA Mutual Group and/or customers from existing and potential liabilities and penalties for failure to comply with said laws, regulations and procedures.
- Interprets, reviews and consults laws, regulatory and product changes impacting effected CUNA Mutual Group areas
- Determines impact of said law and regulatory changes, communicating and dispensing advice on procedural and system modifications to ensure compliance
- Provides training and/or consultation on laws , regulatory changes, product and/or business processes
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Act as lead or in support appropriate groups of all Lending Compliance issues that arise with Credit Unions
- Act as lead or in support of compliance area for all customer complaints.
- Act as second level support for CICP post audit (web or web site) review work
- Provide training to credit union personnel including: educating them on review materials, setting expectations on pre-work, providing risk and compliance overviews
- Recommend to the credit union best practices that should be implemented for compliance purposes
- Document detailed findings for internal use for all CU interactions. Compose and distribute formal reports for findings, recommendations, and action plans to credit unions and internal business areas.
- Work with credit unions to resolve non-compliance issues. Recommend and escalate standard follow-up activities to CUNA Mutual Group operations departments, and manager as determined appropriate.
- Make recommendations and assist management in the design and development, implementation, maintenance and improvement of all quality control programs. Develop customer-centric service standards, measurements and quality processes.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Insurance or equivalent related experience.
2. Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in the financial industry in operations, lending, or regulatory compliance.
3. CUCE Certification or equivalent. Or obtain CUCE certification or equivalent within 1 year of hire.
4. Strong organization skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities, meeting critical deadlines.
5. Demonstrated skill and experience performing technical legal research.
6. Demonstrated analytical skills.Ability to make sound judgment and interpretation of laws/regulations and effectively applying to business practices.
7. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with internal and external partners, as well as demonstrated strong presentation skills.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 3-5 years
Area of Interest(s): Claims, Customer Operations
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: MML20132901-58388
CUNA Mutual Group - 22 months ago