CARE seeks Local Capacity Development Experts for various upcoming global assignments funded by USAID. The LCDE’s will provide selected local and indigenous community-based organizations (CBOs), nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), and governments with an array of tailored technical and organizational support (e.g., administrative, logistical and financial management, fundraising, policy and advocacy, knowledge management, network engagement, and monitoring and evaluation), in order to strengthen their ability to be relevant, effective and sustainable partners to deliver services, strengthen democratic and governance processes, improve health, and engender economic growth and prosperity.
The Local Capacity Development Expert (LCDE) will be responsible for managing capacity building at various levels within the program. The LCDE should have experience in any of CARE’s regions including the following: Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and Asia.
The LCDE will perform capacity building support CSOs, associations and or coalitions to in the following areas:
- Civil Society Strengthening
- Strengthen overall organizational capacity of local NGOs
- Strengthen capacity of local NGOs to receive direct funding from USG
- Strengthen technical capacity local NGO & CBOs in specific sectors
- Bring together existing models, tools, and best practices for monitoring and strengthening local organizations from current CARE programs.
- Work with technical advisors to create models for capacity building in priority technical areas.
- Advanced degree (graduate level: doctorate, master’s, etc.) in a relevant field (business, management, etc.)
- Experience in the capacity development of local institutions using state of the art practice, and ability to demonstrate the sustainability of those institutions as a result of capacity development efforts.
- Past experience working in SME development and experience integrating at-risk and marginalized groups (including women and youth) into private sector development initiatives is highly desirable.
- Spoken and written fluency in English and another language such as (French, Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, etc...) with working ability in both languages.
- Proven ability to conduct training needs assessments and apply other methods to assess gaps in institutional capacity.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience working on governance issues.
***Please be advised that you are applying to an ongoing, global, open search for applicants seeking Local Capacity Development Experts opportunities. These positions are at various stages of development, pending donor approval. The timeline for recruitment will remain ongoing until the funding is in place.
- Number of Positions: Ongoing search
- Location: Various locations
- Expected Travel Percentage: 35%
- Schedule: Full-time and Part time
- Status: Unaccompanied and Accompanied
- Anticipated start date: Ongoing search
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
Apply on-line today at: www.care.org/careers
Care.org - 9 months ago