Supports the execution of complicated logistical transactions, including operational activity, price negotiations, and agent/customer communication. Utilizing tactical and strategic problem solving methods consistent with corporate objectives.
• Receives customer/agent orders/quotes and defines the service requirements utilizing network capacity.
• Assists customers/agents with inquiries and provides assurance of quality service.
• Solves complicated service requests that do not fit into a pre-established program/well-defined process.
• Negotiates revenue with the customer, agent and/or service provider.
• Performs payment negotiations with agents, carriers, or other service providers to assure acceptable profit while maximizing revenue.
• Recruits qualified, strategically-located service providers for logistics customers.
• Identifies exception transactions, determines problems and resolutions, and executes corrections.
• Monitors project executions and assures data integrity of spreadsheets and system activities.
• Performs a variety of other duties/tasks as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelors in Business Administration or related field.
• One or more years of logistics related experience
• Knowledge of U.S. geography (locations of and distances between major cities).
• Highly effective analytical, decision-making, and written/verbal communication skills.
• Ability to investigate routine business problems, develop effective recommendations, negotiate and/or present solutions, and resolve problems in a highly professional and tactful manner.
• Highly organized and able to set priorities effectively.
• Willing and able to work long hours and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.