Assist vendor, plant location, customer, and carrier contacts with the activities involving domestic and international shipments to ensure shipments are moved in a timely manner. Ensures correct invoicing, as per customer orders and prescribed quality standards. Assists in achieving company's goals and targets while always following company standard operating procedures, policies and processes
Job Requirements/ Qualifications
- Facilitate and assist internal and external customers with International and Domestic shipments as required.
- Assist in preparing freight audit and payment provider procedures, and document requirements for Logistics providers.
- Assist internal stakeholders with shipment requirements outside of our approved carriers service capabilities or freight rates not available.
- Obtain shipment status updates from Logistics providers and communicate to internal stakeholders as required.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of Terms of Sale, Inco terms, familiar with bills of lading terms and conditions.
- Works with internal stakeholders on proper processes to ensure consistent proper documentation (commercial invoice, bill of lading, packing list).
- Ensures stakeholders clearly define special instructions or equipment required on bill of lading or electronic shipment tender.
- Ensure proper authorization on air freight shipments according to Cameron policy.
- Assists in resolving freight payment audit, due to pricing discrepancies, lack of rate on file, or incomplete shipment documentation.
- Assists Logistics department in defining metrics related to the performance of all providers.
- Assists in requesting quotes with freight forwarders, custom brokers and carriers at the request of internal stakeholders.
- Improve the flow of communication with all Logistics providers.
- Approves and validates international and domestic invoicing issues related to freight forwarders, customs broker, carriers.
Bachelors degree with 2-4 years of work experience preferably in Transportation, Freight Forwarding, Logistics sectors, Incoterms, Import and Export Regulations (Air and Ocean);
or relevant education with 6 years of demonstrate experience in this area.
- Must have strong analytical skills, capable of solving various logistics related problems.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Customer /Team work orientated.
- Lean/Six Sigma experience or a willingness/interest in being developed in the L6S processes.
- The successful candidate will possess and demonstrate knowledge on the following transportation modes: small parcel, LTL, TL, ocean, air, or freight forwarding, brokers.
- Experienced with compliance (import and export regulations as well as road transportation)
- Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP experience.
- Effective communication skills/interpersonal understanding.
Cameron - 21 months ago
Cameron International knows how to work under pressure. A leading manufacturer, provider, and servicer of oil and gas industry equipment,...