The Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Co (HSB) is seeking a Loss Control Inspector to conduct regulatory and risk assessment inspections on insured equipment.
The individual should have experience with boilers, pressure vessels, industrial, mechanical and electrical equipment. Risk survey experience is a plus.
The successful candidate will inspect insured risks for the purpose of jurisdictional requirements and risk assessment activities to determine both insurance exposures as well as regulatory compliance to State pressure vessels laws.
* High school diploma and technical working knowledge of commercial equipment.
* Significant experience operating, maintaining or inspecting boilers, pressure vessels and machinery. Applicants who do not presently hold a National Board Commission must have enough demonstrated knowledge to qualify for the National Board Exam.
* Basic computer knowledge.
* Must be an effective communicator in both written and verbal forms.
* National Board of Boiler & Pressure Vessel Inspectors Commission.
* Technical College Graduate.
* Engineering degree (BSME, BSEE or BSChE).
* Understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. - 2 years ago