The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) is a multi-modal transportation agency that is responsible for planning, building, operating and maintaining a complex highway system in addition to providing title, registration and driver license services to the general public throughout the state of Arizona. ADOT also operates and maintains the Grand Canyon Airport and publishes the award-winning Arizona Highways magazine. ADOT values its employees, challenges them to continuously improve the way we do business, to meet and exceed the needs of our customers, and to carry out their duties in an ethical manner. Apply today for a chance to become a part of the ADOT team.
Loss Prevention Liability Specialist
ASD/Office of Safety and Risk Management
1324 N. 22nd Ave, Phoenix, AZ
Position Description: Responsible for development of effective property and liability loss prevention programs to mitigate conditions with potential to produce damage, injury, or financial loss. Monitor, conduct, or lead investigations and research to identify equipment, systems, operations, policies, procedures, contracts and other available statistical data describing significant losses or loss trends. Interface with claims, litigation, insurance, traffic engineering and industry personnel to develop knowledge, collect and distribute information, and collaborate on loss prevention program development. Maintain within the Safety and Risk Management Department electronic database detailed information related to loss prevention program development, measurements, and results. Deliver training to ADOT personnel to communicate issues, trends, loss history, and hazards to create awareness of safety and risk management concerns. Determine the impact of loss prevention programs on the Agency's cost of risk, and report results as required by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Complex data analysis methods
- Problem solving tools and methods
- Risk and liability factors
- Liability and property insurance loss prevention
- Investigative methods and research methods
- Legal system and the principles of claims adjustment
- Technical and practical skills in accessing and effectively utilizing database information systems and Microsoft Office applications,
- Communicating ideas effectively, both orally and in writing, adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics of the audience, using appropriate organization, structure and grammar,
- Gathering data from diverse sources and identifying issues, using cause-effect; interpreting different viewpoints, determining and taking a course of action after identifying, investigating and developing possible consequences,
- Using rigorous logic and problem solving methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, identifying useful sources for answers,
- Collaborative skills to work and consult with a broad spectrum of professionals, industry resources, insurance and loss prevention organizations, management and executive management.
Ideal Candidate: Will have a Bachelor's degree in insurance, engineering, safety, or management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities have been attained. Five (5) years of experience in liability and property insurance, safety engineering, loss prevention, or related field. Directly related experience obtained in insurance, claims, government or business operations environment is highly desirable.
- Adjust quickly to change, remain flexible and productive in times of continuing change, supporting and championing change processes,
- Generate creative solutions to work situations and try different and novel ways to deal with organization problems and opportunities,
- Identify hidden problems and look beyond the obvious for answers,
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals toward goal achievement, modifying behavior to accommodate tasks, situations and individuals,
- Evaluate safety site assessments, field roadway evaluations and other special studies and documentation,
- Effectively plan, organize and perform complex analytical safety and risk management research involving multi-professional disciplines and processes.
Note: This position requires possession of a valid Arizona Class D Driver License. Candidates for this position must complete and sign the Driver Form on page 6 of the State of Arizona Application for Employment at the time of interview, which will allow ADOT to obtain the candidate's motor vehicle record (MVR). The most recent 39-month period shown on the MVR will be reviewed in accordance with A.A.C. R2-10-207.12 (H) and (I). The review must show an acceptable driving record prior to any offer of employment being made by ADOT. Employment is contingent upon an acceptable MVR.
You must apply on line no later than the close date or first review date of the job announcement at 5:00 p.m., Mountain Standard Time. You will not be able to apply after the close date/time because job posting are removed from the job board at that time, unless other wise specified.
All newly hired employees are subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
RETIREMENT: This position participates in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)*.
BENEFITS: Comprehensive benefits package includes accrual of sick and vacation leave, and 10 holidays per year; health* and dental insurance*; retirement plan; life insurance; and long-term disability insurance. Optional employee benefits include short-term disability*, deferred compensation, and supplemental life insurance*.
- ASRS enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment, if not already an ASRS member at the time of hire.
Please visit http://www.azdot.gov/Inside_ADOT/HR/Employment.asp to learn more about benefits given to ADOT employees.
- Elective benefits for new employees hired on or after July 20, 2011, will be subject to a 90-day waiting period, except for transfers from other State agencies or who regularly worked for the State of Arizona within 2 years prior to the date of hire.
To submit your resume for consideration, please hit the "APPLY" button below.
Pref1, Pref2, Pref3, Pref4
AGENCY JOB BOARD ID: ADOT
State of Arizona - 12 months ago