Advanced Dermatology has an immediate opening for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Registered Nurse (RN) or qualified Medical Assistant (MA).
This opportunity is for a part-time position ranging from 16 to 30 hours per week, depending on need and availability. Job shifts are typically 8-9 hours per day (with the potential for some shifts to go longer, but rarely) with hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and time off for lunch. Job sharing in combination with another part-time nurse may be available for this position. Compensation will be dependent on experience and work history.
The nurse will be responsible for assisting the physician with patient care including taking vital signs, obtaining history and chief complaint. Assisting with biopsies and select surgery procedures. Other responsibilities include patient education on treatment plans and medication, nursing procedures, such as suture removal, dressing changes, allergen patch testing, and completion of pathology and lab requisition documents.
- Excellent communication skills
- Respect for authority and ability to follow instructions is critical
- Positive attitude
- Good understanding of skin anatomy
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Well-organized with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Empathetic with patient needs and concerns
- Ability to work well with physicians, anticipating their needs in regard to patient treatment
- Two to five years of experience in a medical environment
- Private practice and/or dermatology experience a plus
- Must be able to commit to working full shifts on scheduled work days without calling off
Must have certification as:
- LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) OR
- RN (Registered Nurse) OR
- Medical Assistants with experience, a record of near perfect work attendance, history of reliability and positive references will also be considered OR
- Veterans with medical experience are also highly encouraged to apply
Must have experience with:
- Windows-based computer system
- Microsoft word and outlook
- E-prescribing software a plus
- EHR/EMR experience a plus
To apply, click the "I'm Interested" button at the top of this posting to submit your cover letter and resume or visit http://www.advanced-dermatology.com/employment-opportunities.html to fill out our online application form through our internal system.
Advanced Dermatology, PLLC - 30+ days ago