Responsible for assessing consumers medical needs, monitoring medications, administering and tracking TB skin tests, monitoring random drug screens, and assisting psychiatrist/nurse manager & medical director. |
- Prepares Medication Administration Record (MAR).
- Provides on-going consumer education (group and individual) regarding medications.
- Implements and monitor procedures for random urine drug screens to ensure that each individual is screened as appropriate.
- Meets quality expectations of accuracy, completeness, and is responsive to feedback.
- Meets quantity expectations of volume consistent with peers and relative to time in position.
- Meets timeliness expectations of completing work as scheduled, demonstrating self-paced performance and adjusting priorities as needed.
- Participates in weekly staff and clinical meetings
- Ability to build relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
- Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must have general knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Unencumbered LVN license to practice in state of California.
- Minimum 3 years experience working psychology