LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
Part Time - 16hr/wk
Morning and evening med runs
*This position will perform medication administration visits to patients**
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for and provides skilled nursing care reflective of the agency's mission to the ill or injured in the home, hospital or extended care facility. The LPN works under the direction of the Nurse Case Manager and/or Supervisor of Clinical Services in home care cases. In the institutions, the LPN will work under the direction of the shift supervisor of the institution.
1. Responsible for coordination of care with community and agency resources and with the designated registered nurse on a regular basis.
2. Adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal client assignments and reports are received from a registered nurse/designee. Performs procedures and treatments accurately and documents appropriately.
3. Communicates adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal client care issues, observations or concerns to the designated registered nurse or SCS in a timely manner. Responsible for coordination of care with nurse case manager.
4. Assists adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal clients in meeting socialization needs. Promotes education for adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal clients, client families and the community.
5. Documents timely and accurate computer entry of patient/job information to facilitate the development of the OASIS data set, orders for service, creation of time sheets and other required patient/employment documents and reports.
6. Communicates effectively and tactfully with adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal clients, recognizing their age, cultural diversity, needs, abilities and physical condition.
7. Can be depended upon to report to work on-time, use time off appropriately, and complete annual education & medical requirements.
8. Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor of Clinical Services/designee.
NEW GRAD LPNs WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
LPN license required. Home Care experience required.
**NEW GRADS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED**
Samantha Buonanno, Recruitment Manager
Masonicare - 10 months ago