Advanced Correctional Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Start Over with Job Search
Hours per Week:
City and State
The Licensed Practical Nurse must work with patients, department staff, dental staff, and medical and nursing staff, security staff at all levels, administrative and support staff, and all health service providers.
* The Licensed Practical Nurse must comply with all current and future state, federal, and local laws and regulations.
* The nurse must be able to comply with court orders, medical department rules and the policies and procedures of Advanced Correctional Healthcare.
* Assess, plan, and deliver nursing care to detained and committed.
* Supervise other nursing and nursing paraprofessional personnel in patient care.
* Coordinate multiple medical services for diagnosis and treatment as directed by the physician.
* Maintain aseptic techniques and infection control precautions as required.
* Assist physician in minor medical or surgical procedures.
* Assist in screening of apparent emergencies for necessity and priority to be seen by the physician and conduct daily sick call screening.
* Check and change surgical dressings as required.
* Maintain working knowledge of pharmacology, including drug reaction/overdose.
* Maintain working knowledge of therapeutic diets and nutrition.
* Maintain working knowledge of social and behavioral sciences, particularly as applied to the correctional institutional setting.
* Be capable of giving CPR instructions and ability to take charge in a CPR emergency.
* Maintain the Problem Oriented Medical Record.
* Administer medications including IM injections upon physician’s orders.
* Recommend improved procedures, equipment, and supplies to Supervisor.
* Participate in periodic quality of care and chart review.
* Notify supervisor and complete written report for any medical or security incidents.
* Present/participate in in-service education sessions.
* Maintain professional attitude at all times.
* Any and all other duties as assigned.
The Licensed Practical Nurse must be State licensed and CPR certified.
Must be able to draw blood.
Advanced Correctional Healthcare - 22 months ago