Under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse, the Licensed Practical Nurse provides patient centered care on stable patient populations who have predictable outcomes of care. Practice is commensurate with the standards of the Massachusetts State Nursing Act and CHA’s delineated LPN role, responsibilities and competencies.
The LPN is required to:
• Administers oral and sublingual agents, topical agents, subcutaneous, intradermal, and intramuscular medications according to Cambridge Health Alliance policies.
• Administer all Immunizations according to Cambridge Health Alliance policies.
• Vaccine Management: Order and Track Immunizations from the Dept. of Public Health; Submit monthly report to DPH.
• Lab Leader: Oversee daily quality checks of the lab equipment, stock supplies for the lab, and perform venipuctures to obtain blood samples. Collects samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum, from patients for testing and performs routine laboratory tests on samples according to Cambridge Health Alliance policies.
• Temptrak: Check Temptrak and glass thermometers daily, track temperature on DPH temperature tracking form, and troubleshoot Temptrak alarms.
• Procedure Room Coordinator: Oversee supply/equipment ordering for procedure room, coordinate equipment kits for procedures, and assist in procedures.
• QC Coordinator: Daily check of Defibrillator and Oxygen tanks.
• Medication Refill Review- review Refill requests sent by MyChart patients; Perform medication reconciliation and attach pertinent information necessary for physician to refill the medication and/or forward onto Central Refill.
• Perform wound dressing changes, ear irrigations, PPD checks, Blood Pressure checks, and suture removals according to Cambridge Health Alliance policies.
• May administer Rhogam under supervision of RN and according to Cambridge Health Alliance policies.
• Documents observations, treatment, and patient response to treatment/nursing care in EPIC.
• Adheres to principles of infection control
• Identifies safety hazards and provides a safe environment for patients, visitors, and associates.
• Adheres to HIPPA policy
Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing.
• Current License in good standing to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse in Massachusetts.
• At least one year of current experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse within the area of outpatient clinic during the past two years. Pediatric experience is required
• Current CPR certification
The position normally requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 50 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to recognize and respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions
Cambridge Health Alliance is a vibrant, integrated healthcare delivery system dedicated to providing essential services to all members of...