CapitalCare Medical Group is a physician-owned medical practice with over 500 employees including more than 150 healthcare professionals. The group offers primary care services in Family Practice, Pediatrics and Internal Medicine throughout the Capital District. CapitalCare also provides services in Endocrinology, Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine, Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics, Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, Nephrology, medical nutrition therapy, and comprehensive diabetes education and operates a state-of-the-art clinical laboratory. CapitalCare welcomes new patients and participates with most major health insurance carriers.
.We are currently recruiting for a full-time LPN at our Internal Medicine site on Balltown Road in Niskayuna.
**Phlebotomy experience is highly preferred.
Responsibilities associated with this role include:
Qualification/Requirements: Valid LPN license or Medical Assistant Certification preferred. Must have strong experience in Phlebotomy. Previous Medical/Clinical experience required; must be a high school graduate or equivalent with additional education desirable.
- Cancel and reschedule patients when necessary
- Schedule appointments for patients, following office protocols for access to care.
- Schedule all follow up appointments as directed by the providers or as indicated on encounter forms
- Document verbal conversations with patients when appropriate
- Document information into patient record in an accurate, legible and timely manner
- Obtains patient signature on Advanced Beneficiary Notice (ABN) according to Medicare requirements
- Maintain timely patient flow
- Prepare patient for visit as appropriate, based on office / provider requirements
- Responsible for obtaining specimens (i e urine, blood, etc. ) from patients as directed by the provider
- Responsible for accurate and timely order entry into the lab system
- Responsible for performing clinical office procedures as directed by the provider (i.e. EKG, PFT, nebulizer etc..)
- Assist providers with examinations, diagnostic procedures and treatments
- Responsible for ensuring exam rooms are fully stocked and prepared for patient visit
- Keep up to date and informed on company/office policies and procedures through staff meetings, correspondence, etc.
- Communicate with specialist offices/diagnostic facilities to schedule appointments/testing and instruct patients on testing procedures
- Issue necessary referrals based on insurance requirements
- Obtain necessary documentation from referring physician according to insurance requirements
- Obtain prior authorization based on insurance requirements
- Must be aware of patient confidentiality and bring any concerns to the site manager
- Communicate any patient concerns or complaints to the Site Manager
- Adhere to infection control/safety guidelines, and confidentiality policies
- Order office supplies
- Receive office deliveries
- Verify office supplies received
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
CapitalCare Medical Group offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, life insurance, holidays, paid time off, retirement plan, and much more in a business casual environment!
- Ability to use interpersonal skills to establish/maintain cooperative relationships with patients, families, members, physicians/providers, managers, co-workers, and external customers.
- Knowledge of medical chart reporting/records.
- Skill in appropriate use of universal precautions, safe workplace, and confidentiality methods.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively
This is a great opportunity in a friendly office setting. Apply today!
RegionalHelpWanted.com - 23 months ago