1. Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program.
2. Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
3. Three years nursing experience preferred. Community/home health or medical/surgical experience is preferred.
4. Currently licensed as a licensed practical nurse or licensed vocational nurse in the state.
5. Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
6. Demonstrated excellent clinical competency.
7. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
8. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and organization requirements and is in good working order.
9. Must be able to function efficiently in a stressful work environment.
Continuing Education Requirements: Organization personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, organization personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities. All personnel must attend mandatory educational programs
***Position starts as PRN, but expected to grow into a full-time position.***
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Follows all privacy policies of CareSouth and maintains the confidentiality of protected healthcare information (PHI).
B. Provides direct patient care as defined in the agency state of operation’s Nurse Practice Act.
C. Implements plan of care initiated by the registered nurse.
D. Provides accurate and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care.
E. Assesses and provides patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of care.
F. Participates in coordination of home health services, appropriately reporting the identified needs for other disciplines (HHA, OT, PT, MSW, ST, and Dietician) to the registered nurse and/or Clinical Manager.
G. Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
H. Provides weekend and holiday coverage as assigned by the Case Manager/Clinical Manager.
I. Attends team meetings as scheduled. Participates in orientation, in-services, and staff meetings as scheduled.
J. Participates in personal and professional growth and development.
K. Promotes customer service with timely callbacks, listening and understanding, good communication and positive attitude.
CareSouth is one of the country's leading providers of home health care services. The Company's corporate headquarters is located in...