Req ID : 523
Position Number: 00042349
Employment Type: Part Time
Shift Details :
Standard Hours: 4.00
Department Name: Piedmont Lodge
Location: Huntersville Oaks
Performs nursing care and assists with planning and implementing care for the comfort and well being of the patient under the direct supervision of a registered nurse. Assists in maintaining a safe working environment, performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner and maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the ages, developmental stages, and special needs of the patients served. Travel to Carolinas Rehabilitation, CR Mount Holly, and CR Mercy to perform job duties as needed in a rehabilitative setting.
- Represents the System with actions that model the mission, vision, values, Standards of Excellence, and goals of Carolinas HealthCare System. Models CHS core values of caring, commitment, integrity, and teamwork to internal and external (i.e., patient, family, and physician) customers. Supports the CHS and CR mission, vision and goals.
- Promotes diversity by treating all people equitably regardless of their ethnic background, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, or disability. Recognizes and appropriately addresses any offensive or discriminatory activity.
- Possesses medical/surgical and basic rehabilitation nursing knowledge and clinical skills necessary to provide care for people with physical disability and chronic illness. Assists individuals with disabilities and chronic illness in the restoration, maintenance, and promotion of optimal health.
- Performs nursing care for the comfort and well being of the patient. Performs and documents hourly rounding. Administers medications to include oral and sublingual agents, topical agents, subcutaneous, intradermal, and intramuscular medications, safely and per policy. Demonstrates ability to perform infusion of various intravenous products.
- Performs IV therapy to include the peripheral and central venous route. Prepares IV fluids for administration, changes IV tubing, and adjusts IV rate. Administers IV medications via secondary route and/or intermittent device, with the exception of investigational drugs. Administers IV push pain and nausea medications.
- Performs venipuncture to obtain blood samples or start IVs (when competency is completed). Discontinues IV therapy and removes IV catheters that do not exceed 1 1/2 inches in length (i.e.PICC). Monitors blood I blood products after initiated by a RN. Observes, reports, documents signs of injury, infiltration and/or inflammation at the injection site. Changes dressings to the peripheral/central venous IV sites, and implanted ports.
- Performs treatments and plan of care as appropriate. Assists with complex sterile procedures.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 51 pounds when handling patients, medical equipment and supplies. Understands and speaks fluent English. Must have intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch, finger dexterity, critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in the patient and unit conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing required. Current North Carolina LPN licensure or temporary license as a licensed practical nurse petitioner in the State of North Carolina required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas Healthcare Systems is an EOE/AA Employer
Carolinas HealthCare System
- 22 months ago - save job
Carolinas HealthCare System is the largest healthcare provider in North and South Carolina, and one of the largest employers in...