Under the supervision of the Health Services Manager and working closely with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT), the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) assists in the daily operation of the clinic and/or the Home Care Department. The LPN’s main duties include medication administration and providing patient care as appropriate. The LPN must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide service to frail elders according to assigned responsibilities and Community LIFE standards.
Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school with at least one year of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse working with a frail elderly population preferably in long term care, home health care or community health.
Valid PA LPN License
Experience with medication administration is required.
- Knowledge of the medical, social, and emotional needs of a frail, elderly population.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill in current nursing practice.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team approach to care for the elderly.
- Ability to accept supervision in an appropriate manner.
- Strong organizational and planning skills; ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge of local health care and geriatric service networks.
- Basic working knowledge of Windows operating systems, e-mail, word processing.
Community LIFE - 14 months ago