• Graduation from an Accredited School of Nursing
• Prefer a minimum of one (1) year clinic experience
• Have and maintain current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse within the state.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR certification
A Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Under the supervision of the RN(s), directs and guides patient teaching and activities that commensurate with his/her education and demonstrated competencies.
• Under supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN), assists in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the housing units.
• Assists in planning an individual treatment program by using available resources in planning care, and consults with RNs and other staff as appropriate while applying knowledge and resources in planning care and patient teaching.
• Implements individualized treatment programs as directed by the Health Care Practitioner.
• Count controlled substances, syringes, needles and sharps at the beginning of each shift with another staff member and sign count logs.
• Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols. Intervenes with proper safety techniques, procedures and standard precautions.
• Responds to a code or health emergency within standard guidelines.
CCS is an EEO Employer.
Correct Care Solutions - 6 months ago