HealthSouth is pleased to announce that construction is currently underway bringing an inpatient rehabilitation hospital to the community of central Florida. HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Altamonte Springs is expected to be operational by October 2014. The new state of the art rehabilitation hospital will offer 50 private rooms and provide Florida residents with access to specialized rehabilitation programs and technology. |
HealthSouth's hospitals provide a higher level of rehabilitative care to patients who are recovering from conditions such as stroke and other neurological disorders, cardiac and pulmonary conditions, brain and spinal cord injuries, complex orthopedic conditions, and amputations.
The Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse performs a range of assigned nursing tasks and procedures under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. In addition the position is responsible for:
- Providing direct patient care to inpatients
- Observing patient behavior, vital signs, symptoms, responses to treatment and reports findings to Registered Nurse
- Carrying out the patient's plan of care
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. For more information on available benefits, please click here
. What types of patients will you care for? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our nurses can expect to spend an average of 2-4 weeks with our patients with a variety of diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home. We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to asses and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
Helping you become a better nurse is critical to our success - You will be paired with mentors ; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Job Code: 100118
License or Certification:
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Current LPN/LVN licensure appropriate to state regulations
- CPR certification
Machines, Equipment Used:
- One year experience in inpatient medical surgical or general hospital setting preferred
- Rehabilitation experience preferred
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
HealthSouth is actually all over the map as one of the largest rehabilitation services providers in the nation. Its facilities include...