BASIC PURPOSE OF THE JOB |
- Assists and performs nursing functions under the supervision of Registered Nurse. All functions performed are within the limits of the Tennessee Nurse Practice Act and nursing policies and procedures.
- Minimum Education
- Associates Required
- Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing required.
- Completion of an advanced Pharmacology course required.
- Minimum Work Experience
- One year hospital experience preferred.
- Required Licenses/Certifications for position
- Licensed Practical Nurse in State of Tennessee.
- Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Assessment and critical thinking skills.
- Skills as outlined in the LPN orientation checklist.
- Effective communication skills.
- Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Heavy lifting, pushing and pulling is required up to 50 lbs occasionally, 20-30 lbs frequently and 10 lbs constantly to move objects of up to 150 lbs. Sudden emergency situations have the potential for exposure to lifting or moving of up to 150 lbs. Frequent bending, walking, sitting, squatting, reaching and standing are required. Keyboard/computer use and/or repetitive motions may be required.
East Tennessee Children's Hospital - 11 months ago