- American Heart Association CPR
- LPN License
This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public and our co-workers. This position is accountable to provide assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare System and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Accurately assess patient/family needs, participating in the interpretation and evaluation process with the Registered Nurse to promote patient care.
- Document data collected, medications administered and nursing care provided.
- Collaborate with the RN in implementation, evaluation and modification of patient care plan based on collected data.
- Collaboration with the health care team to participate in coordination of services and contribute to the continuous Performance Improvement process.
- Maintains own Competency Notebook. Participates in educational programs and clinical experience to further enhance their nursing practice.
- Interact effectively with patients and families to ensure quality care.
- Follows policies and procedures of the specific unit and the Department of Nursing and supports the hospital and department mission, goals and objectives.
- Will assist in the organization and completion of therapeutic groups, based on the program schedule.
- Maintain yearly updates of CPI, Mandatory Education and license.
- LPN license in the State of Virginia.
- Two years experience in nursing preferred.
- Must meet the physical qualifications of the job.