The LPN provides basic bedside care to patients under the direction of a registered nurse or physician, functioning within scope of license.
Education & Experience:
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis by a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments
- Performs routine laboratory tests and simple therapeutic services
- Educates patients/families about disease treatment plan including self care post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care
Licenses & Certifications:
- Clinical nursing experience within the past five (5) years preferred
- Graduate of an accredited practical or vocational nursing program required
Equal Opportunity Employer
- AHA - Healthcare Provider required
- Current LPN or LVN licensure in the state of Tennessee or Compact state or licensure eligible required
- Completion of state required IV Therapy program within 12 months
Saint Thomas Health is an equal opportunity employer.
A Member of Ascension Health - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -