REPORTS TO: Nurse Manager
WORK WEEK: Not to exceed 40 hours per week
WAGE CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt
OSHA RISK CLASSIFICATION: High
SUMMARY POSITION STATEMENT: This position exists to provide direct patient care including education; and to assist the health care provider in providing quality health care and work to improve health outcomes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Evaluate and treat patients within the scope of training, capabilities, and license criteria as a health care professional
- Be a patient advocate
- Coordinate care with health care providers
- EMR) medical record
- Perform nursing procedures as ordered by medical providers
- Apply principles of aseptic technique and infection control
- Comply with "Universal & Standard Precautions" for infection control
- Prepare and maintain examination and treatment areas
- Prepare patient and assist with examinations, procedures and treatments
- Prepare and administer medications and injections as directed by provider
- Recognize and respond to emergencies
- Conduct patient education
- Triage patients on the phone and face-to-face
- Relay lab results to patients as directed by provider
- Perform venipuncture as required
- Collect and process specimens
- Coordinate patient care information with other health care providers
- Clean, sterilize and maintain instruments, equipment and supplies
- Maintain clinical supply inventory as directed
- Maintain cleanliness in work areas as required
- Provide IV therapy as ordered.
- Other duties as required
- Maintain confidentiality
- Follow federal, state and local legal guidelines
- Follow license criteria when licensure applies
- Maintain HIPAA compliance
Education: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
LPN) license in the State of Alaska
Experience: 2 years prior experience in a medical office
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Practice within the scope of education, training, and personal capabilities
- Maintain mandatory certification and classes (CPR, infection control, etc) as directed by license requirements
- Be able to operate computer system and possess basic computer skills and be proficient in computerized medical record data entry
- Possess a basic understanding of anatomy and medical terminology
- Possess "people skills" with all age-groups and enjoy working in a health care setting
- Perform basic clerical functions
- Pass a state required background plus a pre-hire drug screen.
- Occasional bending, stooping and stretching
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer, telephone, and medical equipment
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate in writing, in person and by phone
- e.g. needle sticks, etc)
- May be occasional lifting and transferring patients
- Treat all co-workers and patients with dignity and respect
- Project a professional manner and image
- Adhere to ethical principles
- Communicate professionally & effectively - focus on cooperation and win/win outcomes.
- Serve as Community Liaison
- Abide by the policies and procedures outlined by PCHS including the Employee Manual.
- Follow and enforce the mission of PCHS.
- Report any safety and/or health concerns to management as soon as they become apparent
- Regular and timely attendance
- Ability to bring your best work to PCHS.
Works with minimal supervision, within the framework of established procedures and protocols.
- Coordinates with other clinic support staff
- Coordinates with medical providers
- Works well in a team-based environment.
- Works under the direction of Nurse Manager and in close cooperation with providers
***PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING APPLICANT'S STATEMENT TO WHICH
YOU ARE AGREEING TO WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ***
I understand that the employer follows an "at will employment" policy, in that I or the employer may terminate my employment at any time, for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. I understand that this application is not a contract of employment. I understand that federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens; all persons hired must submit satisfactory proof of employment authorization and identity; failure to submit such proof will result in denial of employment. I understand this application will be active for a period of one year; after that time, if I wish to be considered for employment, I must submit a new application.
I voluntarily authorize any present or former employer, firm, school, hospital, university, or government agency and it's employees or agents to release any and all information concerning my former position to any prospective employer, or it's employees or agents, making a request for such information. I understand that the information may include, but is not necessarily limited to, performance reports, transcripts, job descriptions, disciplinary reports and opinions regarding my suitability for the position.
I voluntarily release and hold harmless former employers, schools, hospitals or government agencies, and their employees or agents from any and all claims, liabilities, or damages arising from the disclosure or release of information or opinions concerning my professional qualifications.
I certify that all the statements herein are true and