Planned Parenthood of the Heartland has an excellent opportunity available for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) at our Quad Cities-Bettendorf health center to participate in the exciting and challenging field of reproductive health care. The Licensed Practical Nurse position is multifaceted with responsibilities working both in direct patient care and in records/reception areas.
Job duties include:
This position is 24 hours per week. Tentative schedule: Monday in Bettendorf 11a-7p, Tuesday in Bettendorf 8a-4p, Wednesday in Bettendorf 9a-2p, Travel to Iowa City every other Wednesday 9a-4p.
- Working with health care team to meet established productivity standards for patient numbers, quality and customer service
- Performing and recording routine laboratory tests
- Providing patient education
- Preparing, organizing and maintaining patient medical records
- Communicating effectively and sensitively to patients from a wide range of backgrounds and ages while serving as a patient advocate
- This position will also include travel to Iowa City, IA
Planned Parenthood of the Heartland is a tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Licensed as a Practical Nurse in Iowa
- One year of work experience desired; women’s health care experience preferred
- Must be comfortable with electronic health records
- Background check required for employment
Planned Parenthood - 17 months ago
Planned Parenthood is the leading reproductive health care provider, educator and advocate in the United States. For more than 90 years, the...