The Licensed Practical Nurse provides care to designated patients under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Requires current LPN license in State of Indiana.
- Basic Life Support certification required. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
- Requires completion of hospital orientation and medication courses.
- Requires ability to prioritize and organize daily tasks.
- Requires familiarity with designated pieces of equipment and supplies and the knowledge of procedures for use.
- Requires a good basic understanding of the concepts of good personal hygiene; aseptic and sterile techniques to prevent spread of infection to patients; self; and others.
- Requires sufficient knowledge to observe and collect data for the assessment of patient's condition; and to detect; report and document obvious and/or dangerous changes in the patient's condition.
- Requires general awareness and understanding of legal implication of patient care activities.
- Requires constant mental alertness to observe signs and symptoms of patient conditions and side effects of medications or technical procedures and respond appropriately to ensure optimal patient care.
- Requires ability to cope with varying personalities of patients.
- Requires ability to remain calm in emergency situations.
- Requires ability to coordinate a number of functions for a group of patients in an effective timely manner.
- Requires the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age and development levels of the patients served.
- Requires knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Requires the ability to compare data and information to appropriate age-based norms and other parameters assigned by the RN and communicates variation to the RN.
- Requires knowledge of the performance assessment and improvement plan for the care center/unit.
Ball Memorial Hospital - 16 months ago