Position Summary: Provides licensed nursing services to the Skilled Nursing residents, following the guidelines provided by Senior Lifestyle Corporation. This position reports to the Director of Nursing and may be required to supervise other staff positions.
- Responsible for medication administration for the Skilled Nursing residents in compliance with Federal & State regulations and Senior Lifestyle Corporation guidelines.
- May be responsible for the admissions of new resident to include all admission assessments and documentation.
- Responsible for completing acute and long term care plans.
- May be responsible for clinical system tracking eg.
- Wounds or infection control under the direction of the director of nursing.
- Provides general consultation regarding healthrelated concerns within the community.
- Notifies physicians and/or family members of any change in resident’s health and provides proper
- Responds quickly to all emergencies.
- Maintains close communication with all departments and staff members.
- Provides educational meetings for residents and staff.
- Understands roll in the Safety & Disaster Plan.
- Maintain confidentiality of residents’ and prospective residents’ information.
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A High School Diploma or General Education Degree; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a Licensed Practical Nurse’s License current in the state in which they are practicing.
- Also, needs to be CPR Certified.
Potential Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens:
- This position may involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissue, requiring the use of personal
- protective equipment. Gloves should be worn for any contact with blood or body fluids/tissues. Gowns, masks, or eye covering may be needed if it is likely that soiling or splattering of blood may occur.
- To reduce the risk of exposure to blood, body fluid, or tissue adherence to Standard Precaution is necessary. In the event of accidental exposure to potentially infectious blood or body fluids/tissues, appropriate medical evaluation and follow-up is available as outlined in the community exposure control plan located in every department.
- It is the policy of this community to adopt work practices that will minimize health risks resulting from occupational exposure to blood and other potentially infected materials.
This position requires time spent on the following physical activities:
None Under 1/3 to Over
1/3 2/3 2/3
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel |______|______|______|___x__|
Reach with hands and arms |______|______|______|___x__|
Climb or balance |___x__|______|______|______|
Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl |______|__x___|______|______|
Talk or hear |______|______|______|___x__|
Taste or smell |______|__x___|______|______|
This position requires time spent lifting weight or exerting force in the following manner:
None Under 1/3 to Over
1/3 2/3 2/3
Up to 10 pounds |______|______|__x___|______|
Up to 25 pounds |______|______|__x___|______|
Up to 50 pounds |______|______|__x___|______|
Up to 100 pounds |______|______|__x___|______|
More than 100 pounds |______|______|__x___|______|
Senior Lifestyle Corporation - 8 months ago
Senior Lifestyle Corporation, founded in 1985, is a privately held owner, operator and developer of seniors housing communities. With a...