- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization’s emergency operations plan and the role of the assistant in an emergency/disaster situation.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures related to OSHA standards to include but not limited to: infection control, risk management including hazardous communications and environmental safety.
- Demonstrates knowledge of standard precautions, hand hygiene, transmission-based precautions and personal protective equipment.
- Executes and ensures strict HIPAA protocol.
- Enforces policy adherence consistent with AAAHC guidelines to maintain superb quality assurance and quality improvement.
- Assistant to practice quality improvement measures according to QI policy:
- Planning, designing, measuring, assessing, improving new or revised processes of patient care and service.
- Facilitate a positive patient outcome, while maintaining a safe environment for personnel, patients and visitors.
- Assistant must establish and maintain a secure knowledge and understanding of ALL forms policies and procedures located on the Sono Bello Intranet.
- Forms are subject to change and Assistant must be current on all changes regarding FORMS AND POLICIES located on Sono Bello Intranet. Such forms include, but not limited to: Informed Consent, Medical History, Physical Exam and Medical Clearance.
- Assistant must be knowledgeable with Sono Bello’s Intranet and be well informed on updated content and materials therein.
- Assistant should attend clinic meetings including staff education, in-services and required staff meetings.
- Responsible for the successful completion of initial and annual training requirements.
- Assistant to be responsible to assist with pre-operative and post-operative visits.
- Assistant must demonstrate ability to review paperwork prior to procedure to ensure current history & physical, current medication history and other required elements are present.
- Sound clinical judgment regarding wound assessment including s/s of infection, bleeding, proper healing, etc. is essential.
- Assistant to recognize the need to elevate care to RN and/or Physician.
- Assistant to maintain an honest relationship with each patient and understand the importance of setting proper limits and expectations for anticipated results.
- Assistant to remain informed of new products, equipment and techniques for operating room safety and efficiency.
- Assistant to obtain and maintain BLS certification and other associated continuing education, if requested.
- Assistant to demonstrate strong, accurate decision making capabilities.
- Assistant to demonstrate competency in the knowledge of the delivery of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Demonstrates the knowledge of proper identification and reporting of medical/health care errors.
- Assistant to protect the patient in the event of a medical/health care error and, as appropriate, assists in medical/health care error resolution.
- Assistant may be responsible to assist RN with opening and closing duties.
- Assistant to be responsible to complete special projects as assigned.
- Assistant to provide back-up support for other clinical staff as necessary.
- Vela-Shape Treatments as directed.
E. DEPARTMENTAL/ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES:Assistant to locate and/or demonstrate knowledge of:
F. LASER SAFETY- Please refer to Laser Safety Policy for a detailed description of duties:
- Phone system.
- Computer system.
- Fire equipment.
- Exit doors.
- Oxygen valves and shut off.
- Medication refrigerator, temperature log and climate control.
- Emergency (red) outlets and lights.
- Banyan Stat Kit/AED.
- Department resources including: Policy and Procedure Manual, OSHA and other related safety manuals, fire/emergency management manual, PDR/Drug resource manual and all patient education and teaching aids.
G. QUALIFICATIONS of ASSISTANT:
- Assistant will exhibit knowledge in the field of laser safety and standards of laser safety in the clinical setting.
- Supporting the RN in establishing appropriate criteria and authorized procedures for all health care personnel working in laser hazard zones.
- Assistant should understand where lasers are being used and access to these areas should be controlled.
To perform this job successfully, the Assistant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
H. SKILLS and ADDITIONAL TRAINING:
I. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Must be familiar with MS Office, including Excel.
- Must be BLS certified and maintained annually.
J. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals and technical journals.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from patients, caregivers, physicians and staff.
K. REASONING ABILITY:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
L. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to problem solve and clarify necessary steps of logic and reasoning in a professional manner. Intellectual acuity is a necessary qualification.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Assistant with Sono Bello. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The role of an Assistant requires using the telephone, computer and other related instruments or devices while communicating with patients, caregivers, physicians and staff.
- While performing the duties of an Assistant with Sono Bello, specific vision and hearing abilities required by this job include both vision and hearing acuity.
- Employee will sit for several hours each day but will also need mobility and ability to stand and walk for periods of time.
- Employee may need to lift up to 25 pounds on occasion. May require working under stressful conditions due to deadlines and time constraints.