Under the direction and guidance of the Registered Nurse, the Licensed Practical Nurse supports health, life, and quality of life thorough care, counseling, and curative measures within the scope of their practice. The LPN fulfills a patient advocacy role by collaborating with the health care team to provide total patient care and by working with the patient in order to attain the goal for self care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiates guest relations and welcomes patients/families to unit, sets up patient room supplies and orients patient and family to hospital environment and routine.
- Obtains patient vital signs, including pain scale, height, and weight at admission and consistently throughout the patient’s stay.
- Assists patients into gowns for procedures or exam as needed.
- Transports patients or assists patients to walk.
- Drapes patients for examinations and treatments, and remains with patient to perform such duties as holding instruments and adjusting lights.
- Cleans, sterilizes, stores, prepares, and issues dressing packs, treatments trays and other supplies.
- Cleans patients’ rooms.
- Performs scheduling and clerical duties as assigned by clinical supervisor and/or provider.
Education, Experience and Licensure/Certification Requirements
- Reports changes in patient status to nurse.
representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the position
Current MT Licensed Practical Nurse license
Graduated from an accredited
Current Basic Life Support certification
Previous work experience in the health care industry, as a Certified Nurses Assistant or Patient Care Aide, preferred
Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
Experience in understanding and usage of computers
St. Vincent Healthcare - 14 months ago
The Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, Kansas founded St. Vincent Healthcare in Billings in 1898. Motivated by its mission to provide...