Performance/Experience Requirements: Previous LPN experience helpful. Excellent interpersonal skills required. Consistently arrives at work, in professional attire, on time and completes all tasks within established time frame. Seeks appropriate tasks when primary tasks are completed and assists co-workers as needed. Demonstrates adaptability to expanded roles.
E ducation: Practical Nursing education and Current State LPN licensure required.
General Summary of Duties: Assist physician(s) with patient treatment, prepares patient for physician(s), and performs various clerical duties.
Example of Essential Duties:
- Assist Drs. with patient care (i.e.: assisting with minor procedures/surgeries such as removing sutures, staples, moles, etc.).
- Escorting patients to exam room.
- Preparing exam rooms.
- Preparing patient for Drs. (i.e.: histories, blood pressure, vitals, etc.).
- Sterilizing and preparing instruments.
- Administering injections.
- At the request of the physician, calling in prescription refills.
- Order and maintain exam room supplies and instruments.
- Follow up with lab work and/or xrays.
- Various clerical duties (i.e.: answering phones, scheduling appointments, handling patient charts, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.