Reporting to the Nurse Manager or designee, the LPN contributes to the nursing process through on-going systematic data collection, assisting in the health assessment, recording observations, goal identification, and patient health education.
- Works collaboratively with the RN Supervisor in a team relationship to contribute to the Nursing Assessment.
- Contributes to the Nursing Care Planning in a team relationship with the Registered Nurse.
- Provides direct patient care as required.
- Assists in maintaining a neat, clean, safe and professional environment for patients and co-workers.
- Works posted scheduled shifts.
- Demonstrates professional conduct in keeping with BSH/UMMS Standards.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter and intra departmentally to facilitate the department/unit’s ability to meet its goal and objectives.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Performs other related duties as assigned/needed.
- Performs other specific duties as required.
- Graduate from a Licensed Practical Nursing Program and currently licensed in Massachusetts.
- Ability to adapt schedule to meet shifting business priorities as needed.
This is a 16 hour LPN position which carries an every other weekend worked obligation. There are also holiday obligations.
One year licensed experience required.
Experience in locked/secure facilities preferred but not required.
This position is located in Walpole, MA.
University of Massachusetts Medical School - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard