The Department of Psychiatry
The UCSF Department of Psychiatry is among the nation's foremost resources in the field of child, adolescent and adult mental health. Psychiatry faculty members are recognized for their leadership roles in state-of-the-art, comprehensive and compassionate patient care, pioneering research, excellence in training the next generation of leaders, advancing public policy to advance mental health, and commitment to diversity.
Langley Porter Psychiatric Hospital seeks a pharmacy manager responsible for the legal oversight of the pharmacy, pharmacy staff as well as the day to day operations. This includes scheduling, personnel development, evaluation, and discipline, trouble-shooting, coordinating the unit's activities with other units within the depart¬ment, and directing the unit's functions to address the needs of the organization as a whole. In addition the LPPI Pharmacy Manager is responsible for developing departmental policies/procedures and goals/objectives that are consistent with those of the hospital organization, and comply with the Langley Porter Medical Staff bylaws and various conditions of operational licensure under which Langley Porter functions.
The pharmacy manager is also responsible for the pro¬curement and distribution, and management of pharmaceuti¬cal servic¬es and drug control within Langley Porter Hospi¬tal. . Other duties in¬clude participating in the hospital’s overall quality assurance program, assuring the monitoring and evaluation of the quality and appropriateness of patient services provided by the department, teaching and communicating information on drug products to nursing and medical staff, provide clinical consulta¬tion with refer¬ence to drug usage, main¬taining profiles on inpatient drug usage, and monitoring patients' medical and therapeutic conditions with regards to medication usage.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• Doctorate in pharmacy from an accredited college/school of pharmacy
• Proficiency with personal computer programs including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Two years experience as a licensed pharmacist in a hospital pharmacy or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent reliability and attendance
• Excellent ability to interact with others in a productive, professional and effective manner
• Knowledge of psychiatric medications, diagnoses and common issues related to both
• Knowledge of appropriate care based on the needs of specific individual, including age, race, medical conditions, etc.
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary setting
• Ability to engage and teach patient’s about psychiatric medications
• Ability to work in varying environments with matrix reporting relationships requiring a high degree of confidence, self-motivation, and good organizational skills
Physical Demands: requires sitting; standing; walking; squatting; bending; waist twisting; kneeling; climbing stairs; climbing ladders; reaching up to shoulder height; reaching above shoulder level; carrying/lifting 60 pounds; pushing/pulling 60 pounds; gripping/grasping, fine/gross finger manipulation; repetitive movements of upper and lower extremities; may be exposed to dust, fumes or gases; latex, use protective equipment; differentiate color.
Note: Physical/Health Screening, fingerprinting and background check required.
• Board Certification as Psychiatric Pharmacist
• Prior managerial and supervisory experience
• Experience in change management, committee leadership, etc
• Familiarity with electronic Health record systems
• Familiarity with clinical practice operations and clinical provider work flows in an academic medical center
• Psychiatric pharmacy residency or equivalent skills or experience
• Knowledge of Pharmacy education curriculum and accreditation standards
• Knowledge of EPIC and Willow software systems
University of California San Francisco - 8 months ago