The Legal Recruitment/HR Assistant supports the Legal Recruitment Department for the firm’s California offices (San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles and San Diego). In addition, the Legal Recruitment/HR Assistant will provide assistance in the overall administration of the HR department in order to ensure high quality customer service to internal and external customers including employees, the Firm's clients, business associates and others.
This position provides front-line HR support to include the following major responsibilities:
You will also be asked to assist the Legal Recruitment Department with the following responsibilities:
- Answers phones, filters callers and directs calls appropriately.
- Provides administrative support for the HR department with a particular focus on recruiting, onboarding/orientation, and processing the life cycle of an employee within the HRIS system. Specific duties may include: managing job postings, scheduling interviews, drafting offer letters, preparing new hire packets, preparing/updating and maintaining orientation materials/schedules, conducting HR orientation, and completing/conducting employment verifications.
- Utilizes Outlook to schedule meetings and maintains multiple calendars and mailboxes.
- Processes and manages departmental invoices.
- Assists with the organization and management of personnel files including; works in coordination with Boston office to maintain personnel files.
- Ongoing maintenance of the HR intranet page.
- Maintains office supplies and coordinates department needs with Office Services.
- Provides back-up coverage to the HR Assistants located in other offices.
- Assists in planning and coordinating recruitment processes and events for lateral associate recruitment, summer associate program activities, and partner recruiting.
- Arranges interviews for summer, fall and lateral candidates.
- Inputs data and recruitment activity into firm’s recruiting database.
- Creates and manages correspondence and records pertaining to candidates.
- Organizes materials for on-campus interviews.
- Tracks department budget.
- Assists Legal Recruitment Manager and Coordinator, and HR Manager with other administrative tasks as appropriate.
- Bachelors /Associates Degree required or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of professional service experience preferred. Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent judgment skills. Must be poised and confident.
- Must be able to respect, protect and maintain highly confidential information.
- Outstanding attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Available to travel to all California offices
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Outlook. Technical skills working with databases helpful.
- Experience or exposure using an HRIS system a plus.
One of the largest law firms in Beantown, Goodwin Procter has branched beyond its Boston roots to establish offices on the East and West...