Perform Modeling work in Genworth Long-Term Care Projections
The primary function of the role is to support LTC Projections related modeling and projection work and analysis for the Genworth Long Term Care business - the market leader in Long Term Care Insurance. The responsibilities include:
- Maintain, improve and develop comprehensive projection models including coordination of such efforts across functional areas and assist the team leader in support of these;
- Work closely with the Valuation, Risk Management, Finance and Corporate Actuaries to ensure accurate and timely delivery of the Option Based Valuation reports, Loss Recognition Testing, Cash Flow Testing, Gross Premium Valuation, and Multi-Year Plan projections for all LTC products under various Legal Entities.
- Organize and prepare input data and assumptions for the various models, document work process and results to ensure compliance with company risk control procedures;
- Prepare various supporting exhibits and assist in annual statutory filing required actuarial memos, certifications and summary analysis.
- Perform ad hoc actuarial requests.
- BA/BS Degree in Math, Science or Engineering related major;
- FSA designation in the Society of Actuaries
- Sound understanding of insurance terminologies and basic accounting concepts;
- Experience in Microsoft desktop applications: Excel & VBA, Access
- 5+ years of actuarial experience
- Proactive learner and self driven to succeed
- Communication skills, both oral and written
- FSA or near FSA with 7~10 years of actuarial experience;
- Proficient in VBA or any other programming language;
- Basic insurance accounting knowledge
- Some knowledge and experience in Disability Income or Long Term Care Insurance Products;
- Experience with any commercial actuarial valuation/projection/pricing software; experience with PolySystem or AXIS is a plus;
- Stochastic and/or Statistical modeling experience;
- Effective collaborator who can communicate with people at all levels of the organization
Genworth Financial, Inc. - 21 months ago
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading Fortune 500® insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives....